cufftitles on m44's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cufftitles on m44's

was it common for the ss to have divisional cufftitles on the late war m44 field uniform? ive only seen a few known originals and none of them had cufftitles.

you just replied at your question!

Comment

Originally posted by fjcollector View Post
      was it common for the ss to have divisional cufftitles on the late war m44 field uniform? ive only seen a few known originals and none of them had cufftitles.
      Viva,

His question should read:

Did late war SS M44 Tunics have Divisional Cufftitles present? I've only seen a few known original SS M44 Tunics. And those did not have cufftitles on them.

Does this help?

Michael Collins

Comment

he said... "ive only seen a few known originals and none of them had cufftitles".

this is the reply at the question.

Comment

Originally posted by viva_giulio View Post
          he said... "ive only seen a few known originals and none of them had cufftitles".

this is the reply at the question.
          Yes Viva. He has only seen a few know original M44' Tunics. And none of them had Cuff Titiles. His question has to do with those that may have them.

Since he has only seen a few, there may be one with a Cuff title.

I haven't seen every M44, so I can't say if they did. Have you seen any with Cuff Titles?

Respectfully,

Michael Collins

Comment

The regulations stated that the camouflaged uniform could have the sleeve eagle and shoulder boards / straps. The sleeve eagles were sewn on at the factories and provisions for boards and straps were also put on. However, other insignia, including cuffbands, were not allowed. I have seen pictures with guys wearing their badges on their camouflaged uniforms and as we all know, there were exceptions to the rules.

Bob

Comment

I think fjcollector is talking about the M44 short wool tunic rather than M44 dot camouflage uniform

I havn't seen any original SS M44s with cuff titles before...
              does anyone even have period photos of SS M44 wool tunics actually being worn?

Comment

Originally posted by Günter View Post
                I think fjcollector is talking about the M44 short wool tunic rather than M44 dot camouflage uniform

I havn't seen any original SS M44s with cuff titles before...
                does anyone even have period photos of SS M44 wool tunics actually being worn?
                Some of uniform books show photos of the woolen tunic worn by SS troops. I see no reason why they would not have worn them with cuff titles as they were still regulation and plentiful.

Comment

Originally posted by Günter View Post
                  I think fjcollector is talking about the M44 short wool tunic rather than M44 dot camouflage uniform?
                  Over 15 years ago there were 3 tunics from one soldier (Unterscharführer) found in his house, hidden inside one the houses´ walls. They surfaced while the house was repaired. Its been 2 M43, and one M44 tunic - all 3 show the "Hohestaufen"cufftitle. Also very interesting, the rank pip on the collartab of the M44 was a navy (brass) one. Back then the M44 was offered to me for 1700,-DM, and I left it

Comment

Like this FJ?

Is this what you mean?

Comment

YES!
                      that is what i wanted to see. Ive seen an M44 dot camo uniform with a cuff title but never one on an M44 wool field jacket. thanks a lot!

Comment

FJ,

I appreciate the enthusiasm. However, I am not sure the Tunic is correct. It is not improbable that the use of Cuff Titles was still a norm. Yet, I am skeptical since I have not seen any photographic evidence of this practice on M44's.

The Photo was more of a reference point.

Perhaps one of the many experienced Tunic collectors can chime in on this Photo/topic?

Wait and see FJ...

Respectfully,

Michael Collins
                        Last edited by Pfalz DIIIa; 01-15-2008, 07:22 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X