No announcement yet.

SS Ring?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

any chance we can see a bigger pic so we can zoom in to see the details on the rings?

Comment

Originally posted by Robin Lumsden View Post
      Alan.

The ring is an original private purchase piece from the 1930s. These skull rings came in many guises and could be bought and worn by anyone, but were popular with tank crews, Hitler Youth, army engineers.............and the SS. They were also commonly used by members of Masonic Lodges.

They have been widely faked, but yours looks good to me.

Here's an advert from a period catalogue.............
      what robin said & showed. I think masons in the US also wore such - at least their flags had (have?) skulls/bones.

Comment

sorry thats the only one I have on that one.

greg

Comment

Interesting thread.

I'd be very interested to see the photographs the US doctor took at the concentration camp. That album would be of much interest to alot of collectors.

Please keep us informed if you get anymore details.

lewis

Comment

rings

Originally posted by Gregory Koepp View Post
            The first ring is really nice, it looks like the one red eye came out and was flipped around? or replaced, but I would think replaced as it would be hard to find it once gone

I kick myself in the ass for selling mine many years ago, when I started collecting stick pins I was lucky to get 12 that were gathered up by one man and sewn onto his USMC Green Khaki cap going around the sides. I sold it to someone in Sweden from what I remember and now that my old computer lost all the files I don't have shots of it anymore... very sad really, but oh well maybe he will read this and post?

But back to the rings, here's a shot that I have on file someone has, I'm sorry that I can't say the name as I forgot but he has a very nice collection of them as you see.

thanks greg koepp
            can this pic be blown up to see the rings better

Comment

ss rings dug up from demjansk

whats your guys opinion on the reich depo site rings

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X