Ss Backpack Good?? Or Bad??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ss Backpack Good?? Or Bad??

I JUST PICKED UP THIS BACKPACK OFF EBAY FOR 22 EUROS AND AM FAIRLY SURE THATS ITS AN ORIGINAL SS BACKPACK.IT WAS JUST LISTED AS A STANDARD WW2 BACKPACK.1 OF THE SHOLDER STRAPS HAS BEEN REPLACED AND THE 1 THAT IS LEFT IS ABOUT 2 INCHES LONGER THEN ANY OTHER BACKSTRAP THAT I HAVE ON ANY OF ME OTHER BACKPACKS. AND IN THE LEATHER BOTTOM RIGHT IS STAMPED "33 1/2"33 AND A HALF)?? AND WHERE THE MIDDLE TOP IN THE LEATHER WHERE THE MANUFACTURER IS NORMALLY STAMPED I CAN MAKE OUT THE "SS" STAMP (LIKE 3D...BLOCKEY TYPE)THE "S" ON THE RIGHT IS FAIRLY GOOD AND THE ONE ON THE LEFT IS EXAVCTLY THE SAME BUT VERY VERY FAINT(IN PERSON YOU CAN SEE IT VERY WELL)IM SURE THAT THERE IS MORE UNDERNIETH THE OTHER PAPER TAG BUT I DO NOT WANT TO REMOVE IT AS I THINK THESE PAPER TAGS ARE ORIGINAL???THE INSIDE IS GREY AND THE WHOLE BACKPACK(BESIDES SOMEPARTS OF THE FUR)IS IN FAIRLY GOOD CONDITION FOR ITS AGE.ANY OPINIONS WOULD BE APPRICIATED.THANKS FOR LOOKING.BEST REGARDSS ANDREAS
    Last edited by reness; 06-29-2008, 11:16 PM.

and the back

Comment

another

Comment

marking

Comment

ss stamp

Comment

The paper tag indicates issue to an SA man. The letters "SA" and part of the Sturm designation are still visible. These types of packs were used by SA, SS and other civil and paramilitary units.

Comment

I agree with Chris on this... the "SS" on this one seems a bit dubious to me... could have been put on there post-war to jack up the price as "SS" stuff usually does. I've seen "SS" stamps on many things where it didn't belong just to jack up the price. I saw an unissed Army styled assault gun jacket once... never had any insignia applied to it... while looking it over the dealer leans over to me and says, "SS." I replied, "BS."

Bob

Comment

thanks for the info!!i new the tag said sa in alt deutsche schrift but thought that it may have been reissued?but i guess when looking at the ss it does not look rigt...im sure that it is an SA now but why would the seller say that it was not stamped??THANKS for the info!!best regards andreas

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X