Lasse

Originally posted by Lasse Kongo View Post
    What is the opinion on this zeltbahn??

Is for sale at Collectors Guild.

http://www.germanmilitaria.com/Waffe...s/S006757.html

Thanks
    Lasse
    Lasse,
    I am afraid to say it could be a fake/repro. You can buy these from vendors such as 1944militaria which sell these as reenactment equipment. The fabric appears to be SM wholesale's 1/2 platane overprint design to me.

Compair the zelt in the link with the other one they have sold (which is a good one), the pics aren't the best but still this shows you what good fabric and prints commonly look like.

I hope this helps...

Cheers

Fritz

Comment

It looks like a good one to me as far I can see on this picture

Comment

im with Fritz ,this one is well know repro zeltbahn

Comment

What makes me nervous is that strange shade of brown-orange color,maybe i am wrong.
          Best
          Petr.

Comment

Originally posted by Petr View Post
            What makes me nervous is that strange shade of brown-orange color,maybe i am wrong.
            Best
            Petr.
            Once you have seen one of these you know what to look for. The fabric isn't very good, the print is too clean and sharp and as you said the colors are unusual as well. The fabric is also used to make smocks, covers, caps, combinations...

Cheers

Fritz

Comment

Kameraden,

I too don't like the shade of brown on the body of the fall side. I may have a repro SMW smock in that pattern but I will have to look for it to compare. It does look like SMW's product, in color. The large grommet looks good however, the foto is too small to really use that as a guide. Normally SMW's grommets are scheisse and look nothing like wartime installed ones. I do like the faded border pieces on the edges. That's something not normally found on SMW zelts. Perhaps more detailed fotos would sink this zelt for certain. I'd like to see a close up of buttonholes, for one.

Sepp

Comment

here the same repro
                http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=240566

Comment

With these pics you can see it's definitly not good , thanks

Comment

Besslein,
                    You rock!!

I tore apart my basement & found a Tarmhelmüberzug made by SMW in the exact print and it's spot on to the one being offered on the Collectors Guild. Even the texture pattern of the fabric matches

I've changed my opinion, IMO, it's a fake.

Sepp

Comment

Besslein and the others is offcourse right, it's a fake..

Comment

Thanks for the help!

Seems like the dealer have removed it when he found out it was bad, which is honourable!

Lasse

Comment

Lasse,
                          I saw that Peter had removed it for sale as well. I was pretty concerned that it was even offered for sale especially since he has so many other zelts in hand to compare it to. IMO, the feel of the material alone should have been a red flag.

Any way, it is honorable that he removed it. This dealer has always seemed to do this whenever a piece has been questioned or brought to his attention.

Sepp

Comment

Originally posted by Josef Hahne View Post
                            Lasse,
                            I saw that Peter had removed it for sale as well. I was pretty concerned that it was even offered for sale especially since he has so many other zelts in hand to compare it to. IMO, the feel of the material alone should have been a red flag.

Any way, it is honorable that he removed it. This dealer has always seemed to do this whenever a piece has been questioned or brought to his attention.

Sepp

Hi Sepp,
                            yes, it's actually a very easy fake to detect once you know the camo stuff a little bit better. And yes, it is honorable that he has removed it from sale.

Cheers

Fritz

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X