SS Officers Bullion collar tabs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Officers Bullion collar tabs

I am new too SS cloth but I would like a crash course on collar tabs. If one were looking too buy a no question origional runic tab which type would you get and how much is appropriate for a minty specimen. Also did they make 'snap ons' . Which are the most desireable. Thanks for any and all advice in this challenging facet of our hobby you can give me. Hate too get burned my first time out.........Thanks Again Jimmy

Jimmy,
    That is some tall order :-), if I may suggest use the search function (search this forum) its at the top of the forum, there are many thread covering these,
    cheers
    Gary

Comment

After using search it only returned 3 articles which are not informative as too what I want too know. Maybe I am using the wrong terms....JP

Comment

Originally posted by VIPER View Post
        After using search it only returned 3 articles which are not informative as too what I want too know. Maybe I am using the wrong terms....JP

Possibly, try a combination of terms like tab tabs/ patch ect ect they should be there :-)
        cheers
        Gary

Comment

here is one,

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...earchid=857369

Comment

Thanks Gary........I was using the wrong words I guess.....JP

Comment

If you should buy a SS collar tab in bullion its better to start with a "text book" (ok, I will get spitted at for using this word);
              1 - Please take time to study here on the forum. You want to know what you buy, right?
              2 - Expect to pay a market price of USD 900-1200 for a minty officer or NCO tab. If you find one for USD 900 I consider you lucky. An RZM tag on the back is a nice add, but not any sign of originality. But it will often add a USD 50 - 100 on the value.
              3 - Use E-stand to look for what you want and done be afraid to post photos here for comments. You can also place an add i the wanted section and hope you get answers. Here are many that can help you to tell if original or not.
              4 - SS officer collar tabs are kind of hot now and sells pretty fast, but dont hasten your decisions because of that.
              5 - Get SS cloth insignia from Angolia which is a great investment for the future. (will set you back approx a 100 bucks)
              6 - Start to make you own files of known originals downloaded from internet and study them in detail.
              7 - If you know any serious SS collector, please ask if you can see his collection and teach you something. However he has got to be a recognised collector - too may crocks want to take advantage of the novice collector.
              8 - Bring a good attitude when posting on this forum and many will gladly help you or even sell you a tab.
              9 - Dont fall fow low priced collar tabs at various internet sites. There is usually a reason for the low price. Most dealers knows very well the value of an original Bullion tab today.
              10 - What will I write now? Well, look in the top of this SS insignia forum fo the fake thread.
              11 - If you happen to buy a fake its a wisdom that will make you better next time. Dont give up because of this. Just make sure to get your money back. Usually the "famous dealers" offer good refunds and e-stand here is pretty safe as well.
              12 - GOOD LUCK

Below is a text book shape rune tab I had in my collection before. About this tab I can tell it is a pre war tab with a cloth rzm tag on the reverse. About the angles of the runes, the shape and symmetry this is what you should look for in the beginning. Note the extrem quality of the embroidery. Later in the war they were not of this high quality usually. The silver borde should consist of 3 twisted separate wires. There might be those with two, but I advice you to stay away from those.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Felix; 06-24-2007, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Thanks very much for the advice..Thats exactly the kind of tab I am looking for, an RZM tag would be a plus. How do the snap on versions rate in the scheme of things...........Regards Jimmy

Comment

Originally posted by VIPER View Post
                  Thanks very much for the advice..Thats exactly the kind of tab I am looking for, an RZM tag would be a plus. How do the snap on versions rate in the scheme of things...........Regards Jimmy
                  Snap ons or Screw ons are very rare for SS rune tabs and I think you will not be able to find one easily. It should add a bit extra to the value. Screw on tabs are usually for higher ranks such as SS general oakleaves tabs. Stick to a normal "sew on" tab in the beginning. That would be a great start for you.

Comment

Thanks Felix.Will Do.....Also is Moleskin prefered over wool and is that an indicator as too when the tap was made,,,,,,,,THX Jimmy

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X