No announcement yet.

Handschar insignia for review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Definately a Swedish tunic. Rear central seam, buttons not properly placed, not to mention the top closure one that closes under the collar, and the shape of the collar ends aren't right and of course the lining.

Comment

Yep for sure 100% war time Swedish and therefor would of course easily pass the textile test! Note the hole above the tunic's 1940 date stamp, which was created on purpose to remove the Swedish crowns...a poor attempt to hide its true origins ! Nice try! Another clue is the sleeves, no buttoned slit... Not to mention the shape of the collar as commented by an earlier poster, which does not line up right with the German tabs... Sorry its a stinker I'm afraid... A full view of the lining would have been another dead giveaway.... From the outside its been heavely modified to give it a German appearance, so it still has reenactor value... At least most of the insignia appears to be ligit (except for shoulder boards...I have my doubts about those...), I would take it apart and frame the other stuff! Nick
      Last edited by NickG; 04-17-2007, 11:39 PM.

Comment

This tunic is swedish war tunic, the crows are deleted, number 96 is present in all tunics I have seen.
        Insignas applied are not original but tabs look good to me, just my opinion.
        Luca
        Siam fatti cosi!

Comment

Hi, thanks for your opinions.
          Mike

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X