A Foreign Volunteer Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Foreign Volunteer Question

I know that officially, non-Germanic foreigners in the SS were not permitted to wear the runes collar tabs because of their non-Germanic status, though the rule was hardly universially followed. (i.e. the Belgian Wallonie Division) But was their any regulations on paper, no matter how loosely enforced, that prohibited the use of helmets sporting the runes decal by foreign SS members for the same reason? Just a little tid-bit I wouldn't mind knowing.

Hi Matthew, there is no regulation regarding prohibiting wearing SS runes on the steel helmet that I am aware of?

As you say, wartime photos show plenty of evidence of them being worn.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Ok I think that one very good example are the spanish SS volunteers, they were allowed to use the runes, both on collar and helmet. chek out the collection section and the two last pages of the thread called colleciones de los iberoamericanos you will find a recosntructed tunic of one of these volunteers and the links to war time photos of them wearing the runes

If you want the document , chek out the book of Muñoz Forgotten legions of the waffen SS and on the appendixes ther is a german document detailing the uniform regulations of these volunteers and that they were allowed to use the runes!!!

Comment

Hi.

Almost all 5500 Norwegian SS volunteers got helmets with SS dekal on the side.
        But on some pictures SS soldiers in the SS Police Companies served in Finland, had Police dekal on the helmet.

Derek

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X