This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Kaserne Nürnberg

Last week I was visiting my hometown area again back in Germany. Remembering the good time I got I looked up today some places with Google Earth. Just thought to share the old SS school from the air.

Oh yes, yesterday (back in the US) I saw a bumper sticker infront of me at the red traffic light:

"From which side you are from in Europe?
    The one we kicked you asses or the one we saved your asses"

I was close to step out and ask him if he ever got his ass kicked from someone from Europe
    Attached Files

Originally posted by Robert H View Post
    "From which side you are from in Europe?
    The one we kicked you asses or the one we saved your asses"
    The Yanks didn't kick or save ANYONE's asses.................it was the Russians who did that..........on BOTH counts!

Comment

Originally posted by Robin Lumsden View Post
      it was the Russians who did that..........on BOTH counts!
      I concur, without the Russians, it would be a different story today

Comment

The Yanks didn't kick or save ANYONE's asses.................it was the Russians who did that..........on BOTH counts!
        Please explain why the "yanks" didnt kick any ass and also elaborate which asses that were saved by the russians?

Looking forward to your clarification of your statements of this silly american sticker!

"Felix" - N. Hansson
        Last edited by Felix; 04-01-2007, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Cough cough, Revolutionary War...

Comment

There is one thing I am sure about....the guy with the sticker never saved anyone's asses

Cheers

Fritz
            Last edited by Fritz; 04-02-2007, 04:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Felix View Post
              Please explain why the "yanks" didnt kick any ass and also elaborate which asses that were saved by the russians?

Looking forward to your clarification of your statements of this silly american sticker!

"Felix" - N. Hansson

Well, it's just my stupid sense of humour I suppose. No offence intended.
              But, in my humble opinion, while all the Allies played their part, it was undoubtedly the Russians who played the biggest part in defeating Germany in 1945.

Comment

Im sorry, kind of hard for a Swede to understand that british humour sometimes!

Explaination accepted! Bearing in mind that the allied supply convoys (US material) played an important role in turning the war in favour for the Soviets after the first catastrophical war year! I dont think it would have changed the outcome in the end but it certainly did help Russia, and without it the ending of the war would have been delayed.

Cheers,
                "Felix" - N. Hansson
                Last edited by Felix; 04-02-2007, 02:09 PM.

Comment

Actually, if the truth be told, without the United States, all you European "friends" would be goose-stepping and speaking German. That goes for the Ruskies too. We supplied the material to defeat the Nazis, and the Russians just wasted their enormous manpower to finally wear them down on their side of the "squeeze", but without our war materials, they too would have been eventually beaten. This crap about the Russians winning the war is just that...CRAP!!! We fought on mulitple fronts against three distinct enemies (two really, because the Italians weren't much of an enemey to us or much of an ally to the Germans...) while all the Russians had to do was defeat them on one front with the help of unusually bitter Winter weather. And they could barely even do that...

Tom

Comment

It took the co-operation and sacrifice of all the allied forces to defeat the Germans every one played a part, everyone deserves equal credit end of story,

And be thankful of our forefathers sacrifice,

cheers
                    Gary

Comment

Hi

Thank you Gary

Comment

Gary, I can agree with that.

Comment

Robin is right

Comment

closed

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                            X