Genesis of a fake ss edelweiss : life and death

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Genesis of a fake ss edelweiss : life and death

A while ago i posted a strange edelweiss which i got incidentally from a source of usually good stuff for the price of a standard wh edelweiss. i didn't know it had the runes before it was brought to me, and although it looked like a fantasy item, i decided to drink the back-up story and i took it. As you can see from first picture, it looked like a modified metal edelweiss but at that time i didn't dare to remove it from the cloth and i put it in a display case without a clear classification good or bad. THen, after few months all of a sudden, i notice that the corrosion looked worse. i took it out of the case and i cleaned it a bit and...it looked really bad,like it was made of some copper league. i partially removed the cloth and the back was even worse. My opinion is that some nice guy used some acid to made it look right and old but didnt use a basic one to stop the process, which continued and attracted my attention.

the edelweiss before

the edelweiss after

oh,this one is realy bad,

Comment

I know. I fell in the trap coz i refused to imagine that someone may arrive to do fakes of a metal edelweiss for few euro(the most common "scam" is to sell bW or austrian edelweiss for wh ones) and when i got it, i thought it may be some personalization. The guy was smart enough to use an acid and also sew a cloth, so i couldnt see the back of the insignia. In the end, it was my fault, but these are good lessons indeed.

Comment

next time if you want buy something for you,look to e-stand here on forum,from time to time you can find realy nice and for sure original insignia in good price
        Last edited by besslein; 03-28-2007, 12:58 PM.

Comment

I became a member for that reason and i got a couple of good deals already
          Regarding the edelweiss, i was superficial because the supplier was a guy that from time to time find some stuff for me (nothing really rare but genuine) from another neighbour country (former yugoslavia).

Comment

I hope you have pay for this shi.....few euros ,so its not so bad,but I think better stay with him in contact,may be he find somethings realy good.

Comment

15 or 18 euro, not much but enough to pay the lesson .

I hardly think he's gonna show up with a Handschar fez or a Prinz Eugen collar insignia (i'm joking), but from time to time you can still do some good deal

Comment

you can never know, a friend of me buy last week a very nice waffen ss
                camo smock for few euros.

Comment

sorry for your bad luck, but you could have seen from a blink of an eye, that the bended stem is incorrect...

Comment

Yep, you're right. After I got it home. I didn't see it before it was here. As I said above, the guy always had good stuff in the few deals we had before. Maybe it was his technique. Anyway, the edelweiss is still here as a reminder : never be hurry, don't trust anyone and be careful with odd things from Poland (especially if from the bay ...)

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                    X