Question regarding Degrelle, Narva 1944

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bob Hritz View Post
    Why are the dots, in the pattern, going over the insignia?

Bob Hritz
    That's just a crease or something in the image...I guess your talking about the skull blemish?
    I can assure you that this is for real, not photo shopped, altered in any way!
    If you have the book "Europaische Freiwillige Im Bild" (Nation Europa Verlag) you'll know! Its in there, crystal clear, a crisp picture of this unique headwear worn by Degrelle, matching his dot camo uniform!!
    I wonder if he's also wearing the (Army) edelweiss on the side of the cap?
    Last edited by NickG; 10-02-2007, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Yesterday friend showed me side cap made of zeltbahn. It was bought
      from farmer in Kurland. Pls see images using link

http://fotki.lv/Alexsanchik/462662/<O</O

( in the left bottom corner pls insert:
      email / login: alexsanchik
      password: 3JTDB

and chose: camo side cap folder

Sorry, images are not the best, as made by means of mobile phone.
      I believe cap was made during war. You can see traces of leather piece
      which was stitched to front side of cap from inside. The leather became very dry, hard like a plastik and destroyed during course of time. It is not possible to reproduce artificially! Colour of material is more fresh inside that outer one. It is also seen where scull was placed.

There is eveidence that Latvians used such caps. I saw photos in book related to LAtvian legion. I will try to find this book.

BRGS,
      Alex
      Last edited by Alex; 10-19-2007, 04:29 AM.

Comment

q

i once owned a cammo cover [35 years ago]for a peaked cap 100% ok wish i still had it any one got one to show

Comment

For what it's worth, I think that also the tunic is custom made. It doesn't look like dot to me but rather like 5/6 platane overprint. Hard to say from that picture. Cap looks like dot pattern though.

Comment

Agree

Fritz is right, that is not Dot, and I do not have the book so I am uncertain of the pattern.

Comment

I dare to say it´s a dot pattern sidecap! Somewhere I have that photo... Not from a book, so it´s much sharper/clearer than the one in this thread.
              I´m surprised that none of our Belgian collegues has answered with a good photo!

Comment

If you look closely his tunic seems to be Oak rather than dot.

Comment

Degrelle

Another picture of Degrelle with the same DOT pattern (pea camo) side cap, DOT (pea) pattern pants and oak camo tunic!!! Cap is now tucked in his belt!
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by NickG; 01-30-2008, 10:57 PM.

Comment

see circle

Note you can even see the silver (or white) officers piping on the cap!
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by NickG; 01-30-2008, 11:10 PM.

Comment

NickG, thanks for that great pic! You don't happen to have any more photos of valloon volunteers form the Narva battles?

Comment

Originally posted by wallonien View Post
                        NickG, thanks for that great pic! You don't happen to have any more photos of valloon volunteers form the Narva battles?
                        Not sure if these are Narva period dated but these Walloon SS troops unpublished fotos were posted in a French SS Charlemagne thread... See post 40-Post 43
                        These are all great uniform study pictures of Freiwilligen!
                        http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=268203&page=3

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                        X