SS Officer Hans Flugel Information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Officer Hans Flugel Information

I have recently purchased an Iron Cross 1st Class that is engraved on the back as follows:
    "SS Ostuf. H. Flugel SS Pz. Abt. 5 'Wiking'" I know that Flugel won the Knights Cross and German Cross as well. I am looking for some biographical info on this man, none of the SS histories that I have mention him. Any info would be appreciated, photos would be great as well.
    Thanks,
    Chris

Hi Chris, this is what I have on Hans Flügel :-

Flügel, Hans
    D.O.B. :- 13. 2.1919
    SS Nr. :- 287 016
    Position :- Kdr.II./Pz.Rgt. 1.45
    Deceased :- 01.03.1989

Interestingly it is the 14th anniversary of his death tommorow,gone but not forgotten.
    Cheers,Ian Hulley

I found his photo,follow the link :- http://www.skalman.nu/third-reich/ga...-persons-f.htm
    Last edited by Ian Hulley; 02-28-2003, 10:15 AM.

Comment

Hi Chris:
      Where did you find so fine item????
      Muller

Comment

Ian,
        Many thanks for that great info and photo! I really appreciate it.
        Chris

Comment

I got it from...

Muller,
          I purchased this piece from a European collector who had in turn purchased it from an Allied officer who took it from H. Flugel at the time of his capture/interview. The collector purchased the medal over 40 yrs. ago, and as Flugel lived well past the end of the war he had the opportunity to confirm that it is genuine. After I acquired it, I had several tests done to ensure that the engraving was 60+ yrs old and that the medal was made of the correct materials. It is a fascinating piece and I am glad to finally be able to put a face to a name.
          Chris

Comment

Really nice....congratulations.
            How much do you want for it????...a tunic'??
            Muller

Comment

Not Sure...

I purchased the item to enhance my collection of Iron Crosses. I have never really looked at tunics that much but have thought about starting a collection...very interesting...what do you offer? I would love to send you photos of the cross but alas, I spend too much on medals to ever gather enough money to buy a digital camera! I may still have some scans that were done by the department that examined it for me, if I do I will send them to you assuming that I can access your email address on this forum--forgive my ignorance, I am new to this and dont know what information I have access to. If you have photos of something that you would be interested in trading for my (or rather) for H. Flugel's iron cross, please send them to me at this email address
              ltmcgee34361@yahoo.com

Thanks for your interest,
              Chris

Comment

Could'nt attach photos

Terribly sorry Muller,
                I could not attach photo's to the tex box that the computer gave me when I tried to send you an email, probably my own ignorance at work here. If you will send me an email address that I can cut and paste to yahoo, I would be happy to forward those scans to you if you are interested.
                Thanks,
                Chris

Comment

Hi Chris:
                  I sent you a private message!
                  Muller

Comment

Sorry Muller

I saw your post that you sent me a private email message. However, I have not gotten it yet. Did you send it to my yahoo account? I am very interested in seeing what you have got so please try sending it to my yahoo again, here is the email address again:
                    ltmcgee34361@yahoo.com

Looking forward to seeing your pics,
                    Chris

Comment

I have sent you two messages:
                      Muller.

Comment

Very nice...

..but I really would like to ask you; Did you buy it at Ebay? I saw one cross with that engraing (same words) but didn´t dare to buy it.

Just beeing curious,

Felix

Comment

No, I stay away from Ebay

Felix,
                          As you indicated, I as well dont dare purchase medals from ebay unless they are being offered by a recognized colector that I am familiar with and who offers a guarantee. This cross came from a private collector whom I know through a mutual friend in Fukuoka, Japan. That is very interesting about a similarly engraved cross on ebay...are you sure that it was Hans Flugel? If so, it must have been a copy. Were there photos of it on the auction? My cross has very distinctive gothic style engraving.
                          Thanks,
                          Chris

Comment

I had several tests done to ensure that the engraving was 60+ yrs old
                            I am curious..what tests are these?

Accidentally offending people on the internet since 1997

Comment

Yes there was a picture..

... If I remember correctly I e-mailed the seller for it. On the back the pin is marked with L/13. The back also has some dirt. I have the pictures if you would like to compare. Need your e-mail then.. I cant post pictures here yet.

It also would be very interesting to se pics of your cross.

Best regards,

Felix

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                              X