No announcement yet.

Hohenstaufen on Hannas reich

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gentlemen we already know that Museums display cast replicas of Dinosaur Skeletons and not the real thing as the real thing is to delicate to reconstruct. Its the same with other artifacts in many museums including cast Bronzes of Rodin etc.However If they were to display an attributed personality item and it was fake that would be different.

Comment

Oke I agree with that, but as far as I know this is not the case in the Airborne Museum

Comment

Since the KZ Lager visor has been mentioned I thought I would set the record straight that I was the one who bought it. It is without doubt IMO and in the opinion of the new owner a 100% original pre 45 SS visor. There was not one single stitch in that cap that would leave cause for concern. I'm just gutted that I couldn't keep it due to financial reasons.

Comment

In another thread I recently discussed the obviously fake SS peaked cap insignia I saw on display at the Imperial War Museum in London only a couple weeks ago.

The "problem" is not exclusive to small, poorly funded museums!

Brad

Comment

Last edited by Bobwirtz; 09-23-2006, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Remember that many museums are hiracistic in it`s form.
              If the leader don`t care about genuine stuff, and has focus on other stuff, then there is little you can do to change thing if you do not want to buy original stuff yourself and give it away.

Remember also that if the border of the museum is consisted of coffedrinkers that feel important to sit in the border and don`t do any restorationwork them self then the leader(s) can do almost what they want, and supporters/workers have nothing they should have said...

The best collections I have seen has been private.
              Funny to think about when there are museums with people hired 100% to work there. The norwegian museum of defence even dismissed a person trying to give two feldmutzen for free. The employee did not know what to do with it. He was just working as a guide...

Yes, those museums do exists!
              Last edited by jotuntroll; 08-15-2006, 07:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobwirtz
                The Imperial War Museum has Goring's white tunic too. I believe it's original but it's been messed with BIG TIME as the shoulder board sewing into the jacket seams are horrible... looks like somebody with three thumbs tried to sew it up. Certainly not what you'd expect to see on Goring's uniforms.

Bob
                Here you go Bob:

Cheers
                Øyvind
                Last edited by Øyvind; 03-10-2009, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Had to crop the picture. Shoulder board as mentioned.

Cheers
                  Øyvind
                  Last edited by Øyvind; 03-10-2009, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Hermann may have put on a few pounds and popped the stitches!

Don

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X