No announcement yet.

Latest Vet Buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outstanding! Oh, and what exactly are those two tabs that show an eagle perched on what looks like a sword? The ones below the Hitler Youth knife and Latvian and Croatian shields? I don't recall ever seeing tabs like those.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew S.
      Outstanding! Oh, and what exactly are those two tabs that show an eagle perched on what looks like a sword? The ones below the Hitler Youth knife and Latvian and Croatian shields? I don't recall ever seeing tabs like those.
      I am pretty sure you are kidding, but, just in case...that is US O-6 rank insignia.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew S.
        US "Bird" colonels rank insignia.

B. N. Singer

Comment

I thought so, but was curious to see them wedged in between German insignia. My collector's self-confidence was a little low.

Comment

Some Tab Pictures

As requested,
            Ron Weinand

Comment

Next

Ron Weinand

Comment

Last

Ron Weinand

Comment

Hello Ron,

Congratulations!
                  These are all very fine insignia and I can only imagine what it is like to find such a grouping.
                  If you are thinking of selling, I'm interested in the two runic tabs...

cheers
                  Bart

Comment

hey guys how are you ? The collar tabs with the sword are from the Handschar div of the SS. That was a muslim div of volunteers that originally was part of another div that i cannot remember off the top of my head. You can actually find plenty of information in any book that deals with foreign divisions of the 3rd reich. Cheers, Raul.

Comment

Ron,

That is a great find! I am really into the Noncombattant EK2 medal bar...

Can we please see some close ups? As a collector of noncombattant bars, it is a real eye catcher!

Regards
                      paul

Comment

Ron-

Those Totenkopf tabs are just

Comment

Quite wonderful.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                          X