It is still out there!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it's still out there

Denny you and the the rest of the members are right you have to never give up. 2 years ago I got a collection of rare helmets and other from a widow of a man(who I knew)that worked for Salem tobacco Co. and worked in Germany and europe befor the war that collected these items long befor the war.It took me 25 years but was well worth the wait.This person is another matter his items and there are many is letting the items that HE collected as a collector just go to hell.I don't understand how a former collector can act like this .But it is his collection.
    I am glad to see other collectors stay on top of finds even if it takes them many years to get the items that IMO is the mark of a true collector.

Good collecting
    Dennis J

Comment

Thanks for the pics of the Norge and Nordland cuffs!

About cut up cuffs, could this maybe explain my Horst Wessel cufftitle that have been cut in 2?

Comment

Wow, this is an outstanding find. I think that this is the kind of thing that each of us is daydreaming about when the wife snaps her fingers and says: "Hey, are you listening to me or what?"
        Interested in candid/private Hitler, KIA, and Holocaust photos. Also any AH related memorabilia--silverware, linen, crystal, china...
        All the best,
        Chris

Comment

Thank our good old American GI's. They took everything they could find from insignia and artwork to bathtubs and then some. "Nobody goes home without a souvineer!"

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Totenkopf
            Thank our good old American GI's. They took everything they could find from insignia and artwork to bathtubs and then some.
            Some would call that behavior nothing more than thievery, there should be no looting in a well disciplined army.

Comment

Very strange thing to say. Ever been in an army? That's what you do when the fighting stops - pick up trash to send home. It's got nothing to do with discipline. s/f Robert

Comment

Originally posted by RaZpuTiN
                Some would call that behavior nothing more than thievery, there should be no looting in a well disciplined army.
                Taking souvenirs is nothing new it has been done since war started, it a tradition has nothing to do with if an army is disciplined or not

Comment

Originally posted by RaZpuTiN
                  Actually US Military law in WW2 allowed the taking of war trophies. You were supposed to get a permission slip to take or send things home. So GIs did and some didn't. Taking of trophies from a defeated enemy has been a practice of EVERY miltary since the dawn of time.

Comment

It's still out there

Razputin
                    That is a strange thing to say about the American armed forces of WW2.However thats your right.My son and I are just as bad as I brought back relics from Viet Nam and my son brought back relics from Iraq.The things I brought back were from people who did not need them anymore same with my son.

Good collecting
                    Dennis J

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                    X