Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stripped SS Artillerie officer's tunic

Hi,
    I would like to get some comments on this stripped german officer's jacket. It has removed SS collar tabs, sleeve eagle and cufftitle...
    On the breast area the nap of the wool isn't worn at all. Looking close I think I see a darker area... Does anyone sees a shadow of a breast eagle on the pics or am I getting paranoid??

At the back of the collar, where the the collar tabs were sewn, there seem to be 2 kinds of threads... One of these threads seems to light up under black light... (see pics)
    Some parts of the shoulderboards seem to light up under blacklight as well...
    I can make better pic of everything tomorow during the day...

Kind regards,
    Gerd V

Last edited by willysproject; 02-17-2006, 07:33 PM.

Hello, The tunic itself is a real period tunic the shoulder boards Im afraid appear to be fakes and are attached in a completely incorrect manner.The thread under the collar also indicates this was messed around with. Sorry to see this from the initial photos it looked ok. Also it does appear to have had a heer eagle sewn to the breast once.

Comment

The thread under the collar also indicates this was messed around with. Sorry to see this from the initial photos it looked ok. Also it does appear to have had a heer eagle sewn to the breast once.
      Sorry Gerd but i am thinking the same

Comment

Thanks for all the help everyone!
        I'll get to the post office and send it back to the seller

Kind regards,
        Gerd V

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X