No announcement yet.

SS Panzer Crusher Cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As several folks have already said, you cannot tell for sure by pictures alone. It used to be that fakes LOOKED like fakes so a talented eye could tell them apart. Unfortunately, fakes are getting so good its scary. Anyway, from what I can see I would be tempted to say yes, its real. If it is fake, it is, as you said, an amazingly good fake.

Comment

Yes, it's a tough call. The benefit here is that I can always send it back for a refund, I'd lose the postage but what the hell. If real, what would it be worth in todays market?

Comment

The bit that I'd have a very close look at, were it in my hands, is the velvet band. The border appears ragged in spots and the pink piping is not as straight as the top piping. The view of the underside of the visor also gives me some questions as to its method of attachment. These details are important because they will betray if the cap has been converted.

As for taking opinions offered here with a grain of salt, in many cases I agree. However, anybody who hangs around and pays attention soon gets to know who's observations are useful and who's aren't. Choosing your experts is a must in order to get use from bulletin boards where anybody can pretend to know something. On this forum, Dave Kane and the ever-skeptical BN Singer would be the first people I'd take this cap to for an opinion.

HTH
        Ray

Comment

Thanks Ray, I have the same concerns as you but I think we're all agreed that only a hands on will reveal the truth about this one. That's really why I posted the pics before getting the cap, it was just to make sure that there wasn't an obvious red flag that I'd missed.
          Thanks all and watch this space as they say..

Comment

Well since we are talking expertise, the first people I would take it to would be Donald Abenheim and SayleF. The experience there is clear and unclouded for me. But this is about the cap not whose qualified for what.Ben have it examined hands on by a trustworthy person whose not ready to buy it should it not be quite right.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X