Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS insignia collection

Hello all,

I recently acquired a collection of ss insignia from an old timer when I moved out to California I was hoping for everyones opinion on the grouping in particular the ss nurnberg tab which I believe is unfortunately missing its silver officers piping however in hand its clear to see where it was once sewn through. Did I get a good deal?

Thank you for any opinions
    Attached Files

The deal certasinly depends on the price. Some items are NSKK tabs and the eagle (metal) and armband are not SS. Also an imperial medal.

Comment

Yes the 5 collar tabs, helmet plate, prussian/ austrian war medal, and armband are not ss also the smaller shoulder board to the right are not ss but the majority of the items here are i suppose I should have been more detailed in my original statement however the items all looked authentic to me and to a friend of mine who deals mostly in ss but just wanted a final opinion from the forum on the authenticity of these tabs and other items just to get that warm and fuzzy feeling as early ss is not my specialty

Comment

I'll be making a E-stand post for the items I am open to selling so keep your eyes open

Comment

Looks like that might be a nice hammerhead sleeve eagle.

Comment

That SSn collar tabs looks really nice! Bevo skull looks good and the shields are good. Larger photos would help.

Comment

some very rare stuff in there Lovely N tab.

Comment

I (rather unexpectedly) have received a number of PMs regarding the sale of individual pieces or the entire lot. If you do send me a pm please include an offer! Perhaps a kind ss guru could assist me in the pricing of some of the earlier tabs (including the Nuremberg tab)

I greatly appreciate the feedback i have received so far as well as all PMs, I'm looking forward to hearing more!

Many thanks
                Will

Comment

One small remark I have with the SS N collartab...
                  SS Standarte Nürnberg was formed in October 1936.
                  Why does it have a RZM tag marked '35???

https://www.axishistory.com/books/12...ss-sturmbann-n

Comment

There is for sure a range of time, question is also if this date with Oct.36 is correct.
                    The runes are also in the typical earlier block pattern style. Question is also when something was getting formed other things need also to get possible formed prior. The N tab also in block pattern I got once got exactly same silk tag with St.38/35. This N tab with its tag is right as rain.

Comment

Robert is correct and one should not forget that the makers, once they got the St tags, might have used them until the stocks in their inventory where finished.

Comment

Okay, interesting. Thx.
                        Tab in question looks right as rain indeed.
                        I love the early block pattern runed tabs.
                        But why would they have made tabs for a Regiment before it even existed?
                        Is the Nürnberg Standarte somewhere described as founded before Octobre 1936?

Comment

Picked up the rest of the collection today, more pictures to follow

Comment

Mostly SA items but I believe the band swallow is SS
                            Attached Files

Comment

The tree collar tabs in the upper right corner are foreign volunteers: Georgina, Turkistan and Armenia.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X