CollectorsGuild

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Belgian made SS officer’s sleeve eagle ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Belgian made SS officer’s sleeve eagle ?

Hello to All,

I wanted to post some pictures of an SS officer’s hand embroidered sleeve eagle that is currently being offered to me.
    I know that, at first sight, most collectors will reject this eagle as it has little in common with textbook examples. On the other hand, some collectors state that such eagles are in fact ‘original Belgian made’ eagles ?
    Anyway, it would be fine to get a more universal opinion about this example. Does anyone have a similar or other style foreign-made SS officer’s eagle for comparison ?

Many thanks to All,

Mark
    Attached Files

Close-up of the body
    Attached Files

Comment

Reverse
      Attached Files

Comment

closest one I have on a tunic
        Attached Files
        DaveJ

Comment

Thank you Dave for your contribution. Do you have any idea if your example is of German or foreign production ? Anyway, it looks better made than the example I posted. The feathers are horizontally separated. On the other hand, the upper row of feathers shows the unusual feature of being detached from the body ?

By the way, here is a side close-up of the eagle I posted for discussion, showing the checkerboard embroidery of the body.

Best,
          Mark
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi langemark, if this eagle was actually made in Belgium, It was made by 'Reitz.
            I will see If i can find a pic of an original eagle.

Comment

No Reitz !!!

I keep knockin' on the same nail here

Reitz did NEVER produce insignia !!!
              They only sewed them to uniforms, but bought them from supplyers.

Still investigating were the "Belgian made" items are coming from..

Werner
              Interested in all E. Reitz Uniformwerke items.

Comment

Thanks for everybody’s reply.

However, I stay somewhat surprised not to have received any opinion yet concerning the authenticity. Therefore, I would appreciate to hear from collectors who are specializing in SS cloth insignia, even if they feel unfamiliar with such foreign-made eagles.

Many thanks again.
                Mark

Comment

I had a similar eagle, the reverse white thread glowed so I dismissed it as a possible post war piece. Eagles similar to this did exist. I dont like the black cheese cloth on the back.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X