Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Ring

Hi guys,

I could use somehelp with determing if the following items are original.
    They were handed in last May during an exhibition. The person who gave them swore up and down that they were original but I honestly have no clue.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Can't really make out the markings. Ring is quite thin from wear.
        Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Ben
                  I like the smaller worn skull ring personally the others I'm not to sure about,put some other photos up maybe,even if it is not period I think its a nice looking piece ,let me know if it comes up for sale

As for the Cufflinks....I think you should maybe check out the GD.Com site's archived pages ,enough said !

Comment

Hi there Ben,

I'm not going to talk about the originality becouse i'm not able to, but I know one thing:
                    About the ring with the stamp: I think the stamp is a mark with the numbers 925, a very high silver level. If you could bow the ring a little bit, it's almost certainly silver....or aluminum....but I think you'll know if it would be aluminium.
                    And about the cufflinks: I once saw two Dutch SS cufflinks with the 'wolfsangel' on it....but they were from a better quality if I remember well.

Stijn

Comment

Hi Stijn,

the ring is silver for sure. The Dutch SS part is interesting as that is said to have been the original source, a Dutch SS man, of these items.
                      John, I have looked at the GDC forum concerning these particular cufflinks but can't find any similar examples. Could you post a link to the article mentioned?

Many thanks so far guys.

Comment

My opinion (for what it's worth) is that the ring is original and the 3 x cufflinks are repros.

Comment

Guys,

is this an "official" ring or a so-called Cantine ring? Any idea on its value?
                          Thanks for your comment Robin.
                          Last edited by Ben; 07-25-2005, 03:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben
                            Guys,

is this an "official" ring or a so-called Cantine ring? Any idea on its value?
                            Thanks for your comment Robin.
                            Its a so called 'Cantine ring' worn but still very nice IMO

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X