Clear All

Jawless ss skull

Hi
    I will appreciate your comments on this JAWLESS SS SKULL
    Thank you
    Attached Files

I like it, I say original. Vince

Comment

As a newbie , i really love these ..Why the big price difference on these compared to the larger "full jaw " ones ? ...Thanks!

Comment

Mainly these are not as popular to the collector as later skulls. The other reasons are that they weren’t official and there were many different types used. Some jawless skulls were used in cavalry units and other branches also used before the nazis. Some skulls were use by SS and army so I think there was some crossover. They are also heavily faked. Vince

Comment

Originally posted by Zirnhelt View Post
          Mainly these are not as popular to the collector as later skulls. The other reasons are that they weren’t official and there were many different types used. Some jawless skulls were used in cavalry units and other branches also used before the nazis. Some skulls were use by SS and army so I think there was some crossover. They are also heavily faked. Vince
          I appreciate the write up! Plan on purchasing a few and this helps..

Comment

Thank you guys

Comment

I really like these early skulls too. Especially the aluminum patterns. This skull is also a lot bigger that the later version.

Comment

Based on those pics Im not sure about orginality of this skull.
                But we have only front pics .
                Summary my advice for you -just keep away from it.
                Peter

Comment

Originally posted by koisokok View Post
                  As a newbie , i really love these ..Why the big price difference on these compared to the larger "full jaw " ones ? ...Thanks!
                  The answer is simple.
                  The second pattern skulls are generally simple to recognice as orginal or fake and for sure were used by SS units.In case SS items we have Ted Bundy factor and prices are going high ,even higher.
                  The first pattern is more difficult to recognice orgina or fake and a not all of them were used by SS.
                  They exist in many variants and sizes.
                  This way in theory they are very simple to make copys even it possible to make some new variants in garrage...Every year the production is growing and prices are going down.Now they are very cheap.But we are talking about copys.
                  Now about orginals:They are not cheap and for sure hard to find(except some panzer skulls)
                  We do not know all about they variants and all our knowledge is based mainly on archeology.
                  They have some small secrets and this way sometimes based on it we could give verdict.
                  Sorry about my language.
                  Hope this helps
                  Peter
                  Last edited by Funia; 05-26-2020, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Thank you Peter
                    This skull is attached to collar tab and it’s come from good people so I have good feelings about this piece
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by chahler; 05-26-2020, 05:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Funia View Post
                      The answer is simple.
                      The second pattern skulls are generally simple to recognice as orginal or fake and for sure were used by SS units.In case SS items we have Ted Bundy factor and prices are going high ,even higher.
                      The first pattern is more difficult to recognice orgina or fake and a not all of them were used by SS.
                      They exist in many variants and sizes.
                      This way in theory they are very simple to make copys even it possible to make some new variants in garrage...Every year the production is growing and prices are going down.Now they are very cheap.But we are talking about copys.
                      Now about orginals:They are not cheap and for sure hard to find(except some panzer skulls)
                      We do not know all about they variants and all our knowledge is based mainly on archeology.
                      They have some small secrets and this way sometimes based on it we could give verdict.
                      Sorry about my language.
                      Hope this helps
                      Peter
                      Tremendously! Thanks Peter...

Comment

OK if you like.
                        But as I wrote previously could be fake.
                        Peter

Comment

Originally posted by koisokok View Post
                          Tremendously! Thanks Peter...
                          Your welcome.
                          Always feel free bevore buying some skulls.
                          Peter

Comment

What happened to all the old early skull collectors and all the interest there was back in the day? Seems no one even has interest anymore or wants too share an opinion.
                            Vince

Comment

I personally don’t care for this one
                              But the details are in the back. So without seeing it
                              It’s hard to say.
                              I also like to see a tapered prong end,instead of flat cut
                              And to see grooves on the sides of the pins
                              Instead of just being smooth

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X