Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to post KAPO jacket?

Hello,
    I have some photos of a civilian style dress jacket with a KAPO armband and star that my friend has and would like to post them. I did a search and saw that most KL items are posted in the SS uniform section but some posters receive flak when they do so. I could care less about the politics, I just want to help my friend with his item, so where do the folks here recommend I place it?
    Thank you,
    Dale

Hi,

you can post the jacket here, including close up pics of the armband.

See You

Vince

Comment

Alright, Vince, here it is. My friend says he got it some years back from a veteran who had been a guard at the Nuremberg trials, who told my friend he got this jacket out of the evidence room. I know nothing about KL items, but I believe that because of the Z on the star this was meant for a zigeuner/gypsy (I believe the current term is Roma). I just wanted to run it by the folks here for their thoughts. My friend can send more photos if needed.
      Thank you,
      Dale
      Attached Files

Comment

Well known fake star. Nothing there i would want.
        Looking for a 30 '06 Chauchat magazine.

Comment

C.I.A. Central Indiana Auctions ,,they made those burlap backed stars, armbands and stitched stars like that in the early 90s. Put them on old jackets etc.
          That really looks like one of their pieces..

Comment

A Roma would not have worn a star.

Comment

Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post
              A Roma would not have worn a star.
              Yes, why would a Roma wear a jewish star? Seems like this "Nürnberg story" was not much worth in the end. Just a thought...

Comment

I don't think this item was put together by CIA. His work was a bit more believable and put together better. And he tended to weather stuff behind the barn for a year or 2. Just my opinion.

Alen

Comment

Hi,

unfortunately this jacket is very bad in a multiple ways...

I will only point out the historical problems.

It is doubtful that any evidence piece (especially concentration camp items) would have been possible to sneak out from the archives.
                  Also i'm not sure that any concentration uniforms may have been included in the Nuremberg trial evidence archives.

Then the yellow star with "Z" is also a non-sense : you could be or Jew, or Gypsie.
                  At best we can suspect that the "Z" could be infact be a "Ž" for Židov (Jew) in Croatia/Serbia.
                  But the "Ž" was not put in the yellow star, but under it.
                  However an early yellow button with a "Ž" in the center also existed.

The prisoner number could be only from the gypsie listings for male prisoners of Auschwitz, and the two listings ("A" then "B") had a numbering up to 20,000 only (women had a single listing up over 30,000).

Also the prisoner number on an uniform was always put on the right "heart" side, not on the left.

And to conclude it is very unlikely that a thick red thread would have been used.

See You

Vince

Comment

Thanks, guys. I'll send a link to my friend.
                    Dale

Comment

Alen, you never know with him! I still have a Kapo armband and a sample of a bogus Russian capture stamp.

I used to have his catalog of fake and good wares showing all the stars, armbands, Yellow cufftitles KZ flags etc. Lost it to water damage. Do you have one?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X