Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Das Reich cuff title

Hi,

I need a swift opinion on this CT - sorry about the small images!
    Attached Files

Sorry, thats a bad cuff title

Comment

Thanks Felix. That was a close escape. I almost put a £500 bid on this and a few other cuff titles on an auction here in the UK.

Comment

Not original

Comment

Hi,

here is a small update on my previous study.
          The cufftitle proposed is a Reddick reproduction.

See You

Vince
          Attached Files

Comment

Good comparison Vince!

One should also note that the classic originals have a almost round e but the fake have a more oval shaped e. Thats not the case for the recently discovered new version of the Das Reich cuff title (top in the picture) And of course the reverse and the typical dot line on edges of the reverse.

Cheers
            //Felix

Comment

Thanks Vince.

Comment

Hi,

yeah in the past i was also checking the form of the letters, but i noticed that depending on the stretching of a cufftitle, the way a picture is taken, you can be fooled by the Reddick reproductions.

In the previous version of this study i was pointing on the "A" and "E", but i now prefer to stay on the obvious differences.

This is very fortunate that - for now - all the current reproductions are easier to identify... Reddick could have made near perfect repros back in the day if they had modified the dotted white lines on the back of their cufftitles.

See You

Vince

Comment

no good

Comment

Nice work Vince. Another characteristic I notice is that the "S" is fattened/more wide and rounded on the end of the fake in comparison to the originals shown in the photos.

Comment

Hi Tim

Hello mate look at the Fallschirmjager CT in the same auction should tell you all you need to know. Lucky escape mate

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X