Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS skull prong repair

Hello

I feel so bad that i missed up this prong i wasn’t carful and i forgot this skull is 80 years old and i need to treat it carefully did any one tried to fix prong before what is the best way there any certain type of glue for example what should i do ))
    Attached Files

I would leave it up to the next owner. I’d much rather have it as it is now than after an attempt to fix it or with a modern repair. Just my opinion.

Comment

IMO do not due nothing.
      To prevent to lose this pin just take a very very small amount of butapren type or silikone clear for gum and just on the end of pin stick it witch main body.
      This type of glue is very easy removable and does not affect chemical reactions witch metals .
      From the other way I have one skull witch separated pin displayed on styrofoan and the pin is sticked in ....styrofoan to prevent to lose.
      Peter
      Last edited by Funia; 04-27-2020, 04:55 AM.

Comment

SS skull visor cap

Thankful guys i think i will leave it as it and thanks for the silikon idea thats will help to not lose the prong

Comment

I've fixed before.. try to pry the broken stick out of base by using a small instrument screwdriver try to get it under the broken pin, then slide the pin into place. . Then gently press the base into place..the pin will be shorter ..but it will fit a visor

Comment

Another repair
            http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=738779

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X