Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rare Waffen-SS Blurred Edge Camo Uniform at Rock Island Auction

Hi Guys

Hope everyone all around the world get well.

Already discussed but just to let you know that the link for the Rare Waffen-SS Blurred Edge Camo Uniform from Rock Island Auction, is now online

https://www.rockislandauction.com/de...form-published

Rare Waffen-SS Blurred Edge Camo Uniform.JPG

photo copyright Rock Island Auction

The rarest of rare! Thanks for posting.

Comment

It may be rare, but what a clown suit! That would look great on some of the millennial here in San Francisco....
      I have to wonder if one of the possible reasons why some of these more bizaare
      examples of camo uniforms survived unused may be due to a refusal to wear it.

CB

Comment

Ouch, nothing says shoot me more than this lovely ensemble.

Comment

Originally posted by cpbuehler View Post
          It may be rare, but what a clown suit! That would look great on some of the millennial here in San Francisco....
          I have to wonder if one of the possible reasons why some of these more bizaare
          examples of camo uniforms survived unused may be due to a refusal to wear it.

CB
          Totally agree about the clown suit. The ugliest looking jacket I have ever seen.
          Looking for a 30 '06 Chauchat magazine.

Comment

Then I am a sucker and think it’s great !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It IS fabulous in of itself, but as military combat uniform, this tops it. I can only imagine an SS soldier wearing this and surrendering to some GIs in it, and what they would think. What the F! No wonder they lost the war!

CB

Comment

I also think its the coolest and most attractive. Sorry to say the auction has been postponed a month or more. Best, Bill

Comment

I'm also guilty of thinking it looks super cool. Would be an insane mannequin with one of the SS sniper veils and camo helmet cover and full equipment. I think it's cool. I defer to the SS camo experts regarding originality and what this set might be worth?

Regards,
                  Steve

Comment

You could do a display with a French baguette under its arm and a string of onions around his neck and it still would look cool wearing a black beret imho

Comment

Can't comment on originality, but it is far from a regular cut uniform. Note the waist band sewn in separately, the cape like yoke that covers the shoulders back and front, and sewn darts on the back.
                      The back of the sleeves look very strange with separately sewn sections etc.
                      A custom made garment that possibly was greatly altered from a standard one.

CB

Comment

Originally posted by kammo man View Post
                        Then I am a sucker and think it’s great !

Then I join the club! Killer set when good!

Looks like the privately tailored suit from Kurt Meyer.

Regards.

Comment

It’s not private tailor it’s government issue

Comment

Originally posted by kammo man View Post
                            It’s not private tailor it’s government issue

?

Comment

If I was a decade younger, I would be bidding like a madman. Probably the rarest SS camo outfit in existance. Sadly, I am nearing the end of my collecting, but this one really stirs my old bones.

Bob Hritz
                              In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X