Great news for Flakglas fans!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great news for Flakglas fans!!

Great news for fans of the classic 10x80 Flakglas (and those interested in German military optical research in general) - the word on the street is that Volume 1 of the definitive account of its development, role in the Flak and much more, is rapidly nearing completion and will be available soon.

Watch this space for the latest on the book that will set the standard for historical binocular research, based on the largest collection of these binos in the world and intense archival research.

Peter has been slogging his guts out on this one >
    looking forward to seeing it in print might even force myself to buy a copy from the good man.
    These clever Belgians, brewing beer making chocolate and writing books.
    In all seriousness this will be a very informative book one not to be missed.

Comment

Any more news on the progress, is it at the printers yet? I'm really really looking forward to this book!

Comment

It's printing this week and is well worth the wait. Peter has certainly raised the bar in military optics research and must be applauded for his vision and effort.

Comment

Let us know when & how to order it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Look forward to seeing Peter's excellent work in print.

Comment

Let us know when & how to order it.

Watch this space - as soon as the details are known, I'll be happy to spread the word.

Comment

I hope Peter will bring a batch of books to the BHS meeting in Munich this October.
                The book will be heavy and it will save porto costs.
                Not to speak of the pleasure to see him sign it.

Comment

Brilliant, thanks for the update!

Comment

The Eye of the Flak

Thank you for your kind words gentlemen, but allow me to stress that writing this book was only possible thanks to the kind help and support of many friends and fellow collectors. We're happy to announce that today we got news from our printing company that Volume I of “The Eye of the Flak/Das Auge der Flak” will be available from September 4th.

Comment

Fantastic. Put me on the list for one please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Le Breton View Post
                        Thank you for your kind words gentlemen, but allow me to stress that writing this book was only possible thanks to the kind help and support of many friends and fellow collectors. We're happy to announce that today we got news from our printing company that Volume I of “The Eye of the Flak/Das Auge der Flak” will be available from September 4th.
                        Good news
                        df-10x80 repairing a book about their history is good. How can one order a book.

Comment

Peter is setting up a website to manage orders and sales, I am sure he will pop a line in here to let folks know how to order.
                          I too am looking forward to seeing the finished item.

Comment

Does anyone know if we are close to being able to order? I've found the website but cant seem to contact or place an order. Its even listed on amazon but currently out of stock... dont tell me I've missed the boat on this!

Comment

Don't worry - it's just printed and sales info will follow soon!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X