Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by benutzer View Post
    nice set !!!!
    but the "long" strap from the case is nothing, the best is to remove and ....
    also the rainguard is not original to this bino but looks good and is better than nothing
    Thanks for the comments. I added the rainguard from my collection as the binos had no strap or guard. What type of guard and strap would be correct for this set?

Comment

Originally posted by MAUSER99 View Post
      there are many variants of these hensoldts. There is a short and long version of these as well. short type seem to be marked DF with commercial logo. The case is commercial as its not marked. military cases have a different strap arrangement with swivels for the heavy strap. they are dated and coded bmj.
      all have the recesses for the filters most are missing. early variants have the bakelite rain shield the later ones have rubber. Nice set and looks great on your panzer bust !
      The info on the case is helpful. I was actually looking for only the binos and the case came with the set. I wonder if this was a post war sale by Hensold using a commercial case and parts from their WW2 supply. Quite a mystery.

I suspected that I would have to eventually find a rubber rainshield.

Comment

Originally posted by 17thairborne View Post
        Thanks for the comments. I added the rainguard from my collection as the binos had no strap or guard. What type of guard and strap would be correct for this set?

The strap is by all binos the same, the hangers of the guard have to be on the small side and not on the corner but thats just a very very small detail

here you see the correct guard

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=731712

Comment

Schon wieder, vielen Dank!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X