Here is 3 different setups : SF , small 20 degree cradle and a big one

Scherenfernrohr

Small cradle for the 20 degree in this link

http://www.tu.no/it/2008/08/13/leder...afikk-i-blinde

another small cradle -20 degree

and finally a big cradle on top of it

Here is an example that shows how a mechanical counter works

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwt8QujQv5s
    Last edited by zeissasembi; 01-09-2016, 01:56 AM.

To my knowledge, each Peil-stelle was reporting back to the central firecontrol in the respective area. They would report their bearing of a target using their Tellerwerke "Zahlwerk" and this would be entered on the map and plotting computer in the central. With bearings from two bearing stations, the exact coordinates could be calculated, and the big guns used.....

Comment

Which museum is this?

Comment

I am a bit surprised that these rather simple instruments seams to have been used in the coastal defence. To my knowlege they are intended for use on larger ships. At least that is how they very used in Sweden.
        For triangulation in the coastal artillery we used different types of theodolites.
        Attached Files

Comment

Scherenfernrohr ----------- Trondenes

http://www.forsvarsbygg.no/ftp/verne...fobrosjyre.pdf

Big 20 - cradle ------------ Arquebus

http://www.arquebus.no/

small 20 - cradle ------------- was earlier at Tau Fort near Stavanger

I did find this link at the net : http://www.panoramio.com/photo/105578412

But I cant find the earlier link with the bino and Tellerwerk

Comment

I do know they where used as a direction finder but what I did mean to ask was what optics was used with them in normal use .

Here at my end do we normally see theme with a 20 degree . I have been told earlier that they wasnt made to be used with the 20 degrees.

Comment

Zeissasembi,

The small Tellerwerke were usually used in conjunction with either Stangenfernrohre or the common SF 14 with its arms at the horizontal. For some reason image plasticity was important.

Comment

Thanks .

I did know about the SF 14 but didnt know that other Stangenfernrohr was in use with it . . I was just wondering if some other optics also was in use with it .

BTW - Stangenfernrohr is great - Nice 3 D

It seems to be a " Norway syndrom " that the 20 degrees was in use with the small Tellerwerk

The tellerwerk is a nice one . here is a 360 x (16 / 16 ) degree system .

Here it is with a " cheap " but of skyhigh uservalue one

( Dont worry - the fat one is in use normal by hand but shown here vs size of the Tellerwerk )

BTW - I am searching for a pillar for it .

BTW - The fat one is also great in use up on the mountains

What to say when I was standing down below of the Glacier and study the view with a 8x60 and hear some noise behind me and next to find out that this one is a few meters away :

Last edited by zeissasembi; 01-14-2016, 05:32 PM.

Comment

It takes a Norwegian too bring 2,5 kg Kommandantenglas up into the mountains!

Comment

Originally posted by Binoswede View Post
                    It takes a Norwegian too bring 2,5 kg Kommandantenglas up into the mountains!
                    Is that a reference to their stubbornness? Or their strength?

Comment

5-6 hours walking around in the mountains with the fat one was easy .

It was more hard work 1 month later on with this other one at 5 kg walking around in 90 minute trip up to an other viewpoint right outside of my livingroomwindow

The fat one have been with me on a lot trips

The last one was till this coastal Fort 19 km away .
                      The weapon is below the arrow in the first photo

Last edited by zeissasembi; 01-15-2016, 09:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eighty Eight View Post
                        Is that a reference to their stubbornness? Or their strength?
                        Well, between Swedes and Norwegians there is sort of a hate love affair. We think that Norwegians are an extremly nice and friendly people, but sometime they do odd things. Like going to he south pole or briging their fat 8x60es up on the mountain. Perhaps our friend zeissasembi should consider buying a "slim one", it is more suitable and a much better binocular.
                        But it still would be to heavy for a Swede.

Comment

The slim one is sold .
                          Dont worry - I did also walk around in 4 weeks with the slim one in the summertime 2013

Me myself dont think the 8x60 is heavy .

Comment

At least he did bring a binocular.

Most people would bring a small electronic gadget aka a cell phone, take tons of photo´s and go home without ever looking up from the screen.

grumble... It´s like taking a photograph of a sunset. It will never reproduce what you see, if you just watch and enjoy it.

I would rather take a bino too.

Comment

The counter do have 3 wheels and 360 - 16/16 system

In the 6400 system is there also 3 wheels in the counter

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X