SandeBoetik

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kriegsmarine beh 7x50 Binoculars with marked mint case and bakilight cap- help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kriegsmarine beh 7x50 Binoculars with marked mint case and bakilight cap- help!

Hi all!

(This was also posted in the dagger section)

Just picked this group up and was wondering what you all thought. The group was captured by a Canadian WW2 veteran, and comes with his RCAF belt, a WKC manufacturer Kriegsmarine dagger with sailing ship pattern, and a pair of Kriegsmarine binoculars with case (sadly no other documentation or medals.) The blade is quite nice and clean with an aged patina on it, it is hard to date detailed photos of currently. The binoculars say "7x50 beh 436394" on them but do not appear to have waffen markings, while the case has a giant stamping on the top (and is in new condition). The optics are quite nice, took a photo of the view of a chair and a rainy grey day in the background. The bakelight cap for the front of the binoculars is quite neat and in good condition as well.

What type of binoculars are these, and are they particularly rare or common?
    I am unsure if they were off a submarine or regular military boat.

Apologies for the poor photos, I only have my camera phone on me currently but will try to get some more later.

Cheers and thanks!!

Leitz kriegsmarine issue the rubber armour version was used on u-boats as well as other vessels
    Nice original set

Comment

Hi guys- thanks for all the kind words!

Here are better pictures of the binoculars and the Kriegsmarine dagger. The binocular case also has the matching "BEH" and "1943" on the exterior of the case just below the rim, can't believe I missed it. The dagger blade looks stunning when under the right light. I am also posting these in the binocular section!

Cheers and enjoy the photos!

----

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X