Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zeiss 25x100 recticle

Hallo,

how does look recticle for Zeiss 25x100? In Seegers book, there is no info (only for 12x60). I have one exemplar - German serial number "rln 285245", which was probably completet for Czechoslovak Army after the WWII. It seems, that is it first exemplar, as Czechoslovak serial nuber is "číslo 001" an below green paint, there is european yellow colour an red strip. This exemplar looks as wartime Zeiss, with hearest and recticle (it is not civil SOMET). This recticle is a cross, but with number 10 on each end of the cross. I dont know, is it standard Zeiss, or it is Czech? Could I got some advice?

Last edited by Jan_67; 08-09-2014, 04:02 PM. Reason: Ad appendix

Some info about history here :

http://www.binoculars-cinecollectors...ani__encr_.pdf

Comment

Thanks, I read this article, but there are no detail info about recticle. I add some photos, here is recticle. And I made a mistake, German serial number is "flm 285245" . Code FLM was hard to read due big portion of colour.

Last edited by Jan_67; 08-09-2014, 04:54 PM. Reason: error

Comment

Only reticle for the 12x60 also here :

http://www.binoculaires.org/tag/60%20degres/

Me myself have only owned 3 flm units rebuildt by Somet and Meopta and they was without reticle

Comment

That is the first time I have ever seen the 25x100 mounted.
          That range finder... jeepers, it is big.
          The 25x100 is very large, but it looks like a midget on this rangefinder.

Did the army have these? If they were naval, then why are there no naval markings on the 25x100 ?? Or grey paint, for that matter.

But the size of that rangefinder.... wauw.
          (Okay, I will try and be productive as well. I have one of these original german one´s here somewhere. Should be with a reticle.)

Comment

Yes - the 25x100 is big

Comment

Yes, I agree that 25x100 is big. I take my bino outdoor on the hill and view was perfect, but load was heavy (bino and tripod and cradle).

Comment

[QUOTE=Jan_67;6542777]Yes, I agree that 25x100 is big. I take my bino outdoor on the hill and view was perfect, but load was heavy (bino and tripod and cradle).

Do you have the mount made by Somet / Meopta or is it a selfmade one .?

Just wondering -is there more 25x100 left in the Czech Republic or did the germans buy theme all for some years ago.?

Comment

To "Zeissasembi"

I don't use SOMET/MEOPTA mount (it is small ), I use Gestell 38 with Flakglas 10x80 mount, it is more useable (but heavy). Important is mount plate, it has complicated forms, I made it from dural and forms and dimensions are standard for 12x60 too. On this plate, there is screwed dovetail for Flakglas and it is simple to use it with flakglas cradle.

I am not sure, that in Czech, there are a lot of 25x10 in military variant. I saw only one during last years. But civil SOMET/MEOPTA is possible sometimes to buy. Here is link as example
                  http://www.strelecky-portal.cz/bazar...et-25x100.html.

Comment

Another DF 25x100 just surfaced on polish local fleamarket
                    Attached Files

Comment

last
                      Attached Files

Comment

Marcin... how about bringing it along in april.. ? that is, if you are the Marcin I think you may be ? heh heh.
                        Only 25x100 I have was also found on a flea market. Nobody wanted it, that is, until I bought it, then, suddenly, general frustation spread.
                        I never understood why no one else wanted to pay that rather small amount on the label. It was real bargain, but people only realised that after they saw me buying it. I was told later, it had been on the table for more than an hour, when I came.

Still, nice find. Congrats.

Comment

Mike, I believe we haven`t met before

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X