Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need help with optics

Hello:
    Can anybody help me out with this? I have this set of 10 X 80 optics and the tripod is giving me problems. Look at the pics and see how the legs are held together at the top base of the tripod. It seems that they are meant to be held together by the pressure of the adjusting screw (see pics) but they don't. When I get the tripod set up, it is OK but the whole thin will come to pieces if moved the wrong way. Does anybody else have a set like this? id my tripod missing something at the critical juncture?
    Ken

Last edited by Ken N; 08-02-2004, 10:53 PM.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Hi Ken,

Tightning the bolt should hold the pieces together. If not, it might have been worn out.

MfG,
                Bart

Comment

Yes. It is designed so that if the bolt is tightened, it draws all the componants together. But when assembled, is still a bit shaky and is prone to coming apart if moved the wrong way. (which can be disasterous if the optics are installed onto the mount, as they weigh about 20 pounds)

The bushing that the bolt screws into has no excess wear. Maybe it could be that the round base plate is a tad bit out of shape.

Is there anybody out there with a similar tripod who has had similar problems?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X