• Show
Clear All

water resistant binoc's

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

uboat

Nice later style smooth paint uboat binoculars.

Comment

too bad they cant be traced . Maybe by a serial number. Most likely not. The optics are still good on these. Some yellowing in the optics coatings, or ?. I wonder if anyone makes replacement rubber pieces for these type. Most likely not. huh. Thanks for the comment.

Comment

Originally posted by juoneen View Post
                too bad they cant be traced . Maybe by a serial number. Most likely not. The optics are still good on these. Some yellowing in the optics coatings, or ?. I wonder if anyone makes replacement rubber pieces for these type. Most likely not. huh. Thanks for the comment.
                A slight yellow film on the inside is very common on these type after 60+ years of age. I would not even consider replacing the rubber armor on these as they are also pretty nice considering the age. They do make repros (rubber) are at least used to but I do not know the source.

I mean this last comment in no way toward you, but it is funny how the collector mentality has evolved (or is it regressed?) more and more toward wanting mint items that are 60-70 years old and have been through a world war! This strikes me as very strange. Honest use and age is nothing to apologize for IMO. Most people today tear up everything new that they buy within 5 years if not 5 months, but a lot of these same people expect this stuff to look new after two or three times their current lifetime!

Comment

I totally agree with Phild, leave the binos as they are, honest wear and aeging should in my opinion be kept original.

Best regards, Tom

Comment

Very nice i have a pair my self.

Andy

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X