HENSOLDT-WETZLAR 10X50 with case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HENSOLDT-WETZLAR 10X50 with case

Vet pick up of a pair of HW's 10X50's, nice 1945 dated case, frn42 dated latch, serial number is 35286. They needed calibrating so I repaired them myself, kind of a hobby when I get a pair messed up, keeps me sane! Enjoy and please comments are welcome! Thank you. Dave.
    Attached Files

Good job! I find a great satisfaction in resurrecting old optics. What's the discolouration on the case and does it peel off like a plastic coating? I have a Leitz case from the same period similarly discoloured (and peeling) and wondered if it was a rudimentary waterproofing.

Comment

Sgt. Bilko
      Yeah it looks like a clear plastic maybe varnish for water proofing, I think your right. I was really happy when I opened the lid and saw a 1945 date!

Comment

Thanks for that - little by little we build up more info. My Leitz plasticised case is a late war one too.

Comment

My pleasure, like you say 'little by little we build up more info'. We all learn from oddities! Also, when I first got these, the optics are clear, but I had to readjust the prisms inside, not an easy task, HW's have complicated adjustments, patience is the KEY!

Comment

I think you have more patience than me - I tend to avoid HW roof prism adjustments like the plague. Even fiddling with cemented Porro2 prism systems like Ross No5's and Zeiss 8x60 tall's are preferable to me.

Comment

Thank you for the info, and yes, I prefer working on war time 6X30's, all makers, but 10X 50's or 7X50's I avoid to a point. If there cheap enough, what the heck!

Comment

Hello, have a nice day. I just wanna say that atience is the crux of the matter and you can certainly do it.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X