Spare parts for Flak binoculars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spare parts for Flak binoculars

Is there a site that sells spares for these things ( not sure of the correct designation ) i feel I need the extension that goes on the end . thank You Rob
    Attached Files
    God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Rob, when you find one let me know if they have two. It seems like this is the most common missing piece.

Jeremy

Comment

I ned one to, plus the canvas strap for the okular cover
      You need one of those covers too.
      If you do not want a cover, is your the canvas strap for sale?

Comment

Originally posted by Lauritz View Post
        I ned one to, plus the canvas strap for the okular cover
        You need one of those covers too.
        If you do not want a cover, is your the canvas strap for sale?
        Err No lol. Rob

Comment

Originally posted by ROBB View Post
          Err No lol. Rob

Why LOL?

The extention as you call it, is a sunshade. Easier for you to find one maybe.
          The other protector, to protect the oculars, is a rain cover.

Good luck in hunting down parts!!

It is easy to find the optics, but so difficult to find individual parts!

BTW, they were used on range finders. Show us a photo of that black plaque and it can be seen which one.
          4 meter one? 6m ?
          Last edited by Lauritz; 03-24-2020, 10:29 AM. Reason: add info

Comment

Lol as in no chance. I have only just got this set so I have not set about searching yet , but I usually manage to find the bits , it might take a while and I am in no rush . Here is a photo of the plate. Rob
            Attached Files

Comment

Yes, for a 4 meter range finder. It looks nice.

The tricky bit to find is the ‘optical sight’ that attaches to the dovetail slot.
              People want crazy money for those.

If you find 2 of the electrical boxes ( for the reticle illumination ) give me a shout, and I will do the same if I find a seller of any of the parts you are missing!

Comment

Cool thank you good luck and stay safe. Rob

Comment

Here is mine and I am still missing the sun shade. I had sold a bunch of extra 10x80 parts that I had bought with mine on ebay years ago. You never know what you might find. I bought the 10x80's in an old junk shop in Arkansas and it had 4 or five sets of objective lens and other internal parts. No sun shade though for my 12x60's.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I found the ocular lens cover on ebay for anyone that may need them. ebay #324106922296.

Comment

I looked closely and the cover itself is in an awful condition, cracked, part missing.

The rest is salvageable though.

(Looks like somebody is restoring a bino and selling off the rejected, broken parts he is replacing. . )

Comment

Yes I saw that . I have got a reproduction cover coming to me from
                        England. Rob

Comment

We got some ‘bits’ from the same source ( I assume) and I have to say the quality is fantastic.

I have the means to reproduce both plastic and ‘rubber’ ( Vinyl polysiloxane mainly) but it is very laborious and time consuming.

Better to buy and support his business.

I will need to reproduce the orange-brown eye cups though. Nobody makes a repro.

I am myself missing 2 sun shades for these binos, and if I have not found any within a year or so, will have them fabricated. Age appropriate design.

I know many on this site look down on restoring the objects to a fully functional state, but I want to be able to use them as they were intended!
                          Last edited by Lauritz; 03-25-2020, 01:19 PM.

Comment

I have an objektive cover for 12x60 laying around. Only problem is the cover is in Germany and I am in Sweden. I don't know when I will go back to Germany. It depends on the corona situation.

Comment

I think there are two models of ocular cover. With or without "shutter". The shutter is to reduce the objective opening (like on the 25x100) at daytime and make the picture sharper (?). I think the cover I have is without shutter.
                              When I eventually come back to Germany I will post some pictures and se if some gentlemen still are intetested.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X