EdelweissAntique

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Luft flight equipment and all that's related.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oops, hadn't realized that the photos were so big.
    Attached Files

Comment

Some navagational equipment which belonged to, and were used during the war, by the "Walter Schuck" Knightscross and oakleaves winner, with 206 victorys.
      (the map is not his)
      Attached Files

Comment

Walter Schucks flight computer and its instruction manual
        Attached Files

Comment

A closer look at the flight Computer.
          Attached Files

Comment

Walters Navagation case with the flight computer
            Attached Files
            Last edited by jim murray; 02-01-2009, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Walter Schuck was member of JG5 and JG7 had 206 aerial Victorys, won the Knightscross with oakleaves and ended the war flying the Me 262 and with 8 victorys was one of the top scoreing jet aces. By the wars end walter had 500 operational flights to his credit.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by jim murray; 02-01-2009, 11:55 AM.

Comment

Nice stuff, Jim.., but do you've any provenance concerning these items ?

... it is my belief that this kind of leather case is Stuka related, maybe Me 110, but not Me 109 or Focke-Wulf ..

It's a small Navigator case not belonging to pilots IMO.

There's a special frame where you can slide this case into, but I can't find that place in the cockpit of a Messerschmitt or FW plane.. ,...I'm not to deep into planes I must say..

Jos.

Comment

My last addition

Got this boots. The elusive brown Hoffmann ones dated 1937. Early WWII but also Legion Condor. I love them.

Regards
                  Attached Files

Comment

Boots

Maker's label and year
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Francisco V. View Post
                      Got this boots. The elusive brown Hoffmann ones dated 1937. Early WWII but also Legion Condor. I love them.

Regards

Wow, nice pair !!

Great find..!

Jos.

Comment

Super boots Francisco, I'd love a pair like them, My friend Paul picked this great pair himself recently.
                        regards
                        Jim
                        Attached Files

Comment

Brown flight boots
                          Attached Files

Comment

Walter Schucks items

Originally posted by Jos Le Conté View Post
                            Nice stuff, Jim.., but do you've any provenance concerning these items ?

... it is my belief that this kind of leather case is Stuka related, maybe Me 110, but not Me 109 or Focke-Wulf ..

It's a small Navigator case not belonging to pilots IMO.

There's a special frame where you can slide this case into, but I can't find that place in the cockpit of a Messerschmitt or FW plane.. ,...I'm not to deep into planes I must say..

Jos.
                            Hi Jos,
                            I picked up the Schuck items, from a close personal friend of Walter Schuck
                            Regards
                            Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Theodor View Post
                              Hi guys, today got the second Dreieckrechner. Unlike my first one, it has two aircraft figures on it. Why is that? Does it have some special purpose, or is just a version with all the same purpose? The instrument with 1 aircraft is made in January 1940 and the one with the 2 aircraft - March 1939
                              Hi Theodor,
                              I thought this photo might be of interest to you. Its dated 4th march 1940. (I would like to see the size of the aircraft this guy fly in, if his computer disc is anything to go by)
                              Regards
                              Jim
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by jim murray; 02-10-2009, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Great photo of the training aids! I wonder where those ended up. Sure would look cool on the wall!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X