BrunoMado

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Luft flight equipment and all that's related.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pic2
    Attached Files

Comment

Wonderful items, Jim! Thanks for sharing those detailed photos with us.

--Kevin

Comment

Hello all,
        I hope you like this presentation of survival equipment and 'stuff'.
        Regards,
        Andy
        Attached Files

Comment

hi Andy you have some nice stuff , the metal containers are very hard to find, regards jim.

Comment

Thanks Jim,
            I brought the tin from 'Regimentals' of all places, half a dozen years ago. I am always on the look out for Luftwaffe survival and personal items, but as you know, these are few and far between.
            Regards,
            Andy
            Last edited by Andy F-P; 12-28-2008, 12:20 PM. Reason: grammar!

Comment

watches

Hi guys, can you tell me who would wear these watches cheers graeme .
              Attached Files

Comment

Hello Graeme, nice stuff. The watches are known as observer's watches and were originally found with long straps.
                WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Nice stuff, guys..!

Yes, observer watch, pity the special long straps are gone..
                  Just to explain to graeme gt , these straps were attached to the watch and secured with 2 rivets each side and they were quite long to wear them over the thick sleeve of the jacket/flightsuit..
                  Nice watches though..

Jos.

Comment

My Farbbeutel. Ground dug and a bit dog-eared, but original. I have stuffed it with cotton wool and done my best to make it display as nicely as possible. I still have some work to do on the corners but I am getting there. As we all know, these are very hard to find in any condition and I am just grateful to have one.
                    Regards,
                    Andy

PS. Looking back through old posts, it appears that I have already shown this item. Far too much Christmas spirit I think...........
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Andy F-P; 01-04-2009, 04:47 AM. Reason: going mad........

Comment

Farbbeutel back
                      Attached Files

Comment

Fliegerleuchtpistole:

Comment

Hi guys, I have a question about the compass on the right side. What do you think, is it an earlier, or later production than the other two?

At first look, this one has the top part painted black around, while the other two are clear.

Also, the other two have the maker name in the center circle, but this one has nothing there.

Name:

No name on the compass in question:

On the back side they are quite the same, but the one in question has one more line than the other two: Hersteller JLR. Also, the other two have series numbers of many digits, while the one in question has a series number of only 3 digits. No matter of the number, I guess it is later production, because the full name has disappeared from the face and a 3 letter code has appeard on the back. Am I right?

Here, the back sides of the other two:

And the back side of the different one:

So, what do you think, which is earlier - the two or the one? Thanks!
                          The World Needs Peace

Interesting photo archive: http://www.lostbulgaria.com

Comment

The black face is earlier and in my opinion, more desireable
                            WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Nice compasses, and I agree w/Gene. I love all the variations of these and would like to have an example of each. Here's what I have. The one at the top I think is a late model, but I'm not sure. I've seen it worn in photos, but not documented in any text. If anybody knows something about it, please respond.

Regards,
                              Kevin
                              Attached Files

Comment

Very nice! The one on the top looks very interesting!
                                The World Needs Peace

Interesting photo archive: http://www.lostbulgaria.com

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X