Emedals - Medalbook

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Luft flight equipment and all that's related.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pouch

pouch
    Attached Files

Comment

pouch again

pouch
      Attached Files

Comment

last pouch pic

pouch
        Attached Files

Comment

It's a pouch for the dark lenses, but that doesn't change much if they came like this..
          Lenses were changed, goggles mixed up etc..

It's the same kinda pouch as for the artificial leather dust goggles..
          Weren't these made by Leitz ?

I personally think the completely foldable " N&G" pairs are no N&G product, but made by another maker, while they always lack the makermark and have completely different straps etc, but that's just personal and based on a feeling..
          On the other side all could've a economical reason to make easy repairs etc..

Jos.

Comment

hello everyone

Good observations JOS. I have seen this type of pouch for other goggles too, but I can't recall what they are called. I have never heard anyone say that the 3rd type hinged goggles were issued in a pressed paper pouch instead of a tin. When I bought the goggles years ago, they had been sold with the pouch and had been folded up and placed in the pouch. That means very little. I didn't mean to say or imply that the 3rd model hinged N&G goggles had a pouch sometimes like this instead of the tin.

barry

Comment

LW Flare Cartridges.

Hi,

Could I ask your advice please regarding these LW Flare Cartridges. Are they all WW2 issue?

Many thanks,
              Robert.

Comment

I think the short ones have a good chance of being wartime, but the longer flares look much later to me.

Here is another relatively uncommon item.... Anti-UV brille for the Kanalhosen....part of the survival kit for flight over water.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Harry; 11-05-2007, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Carl Zeiss/Jena marked...
                  Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Viscount View Post
                      Hi,

Could I ask your advice please regarding these LW Flare Cartridges. Are they all WW2 issue?

The small ones are German WW2 issue, but the longer ones are post-war.....

Comment

Flares.

Thanks Harry & Francois re the Flares question

Regards,
                        Robert.

Comment

Here is my Parachute storage box, does anybody know more about it?

Comment

LW Armband

Hello,

What do you think of this one? It looks original to me but doesn't have the text "Deutsche Luftwaffe". Does anybody have a photo that confirms that pilots also wore this type?

Regards
                            Roger
                            Attached Files

Comment

Flying Boots

Hi,

here comes a pair of flying boots:

Privately purchased, I suppose, as they have no tag inside and no "Wilop" soles. Early war? Don't know. Saw only two pairs of this kind in my life, this is the much better one.

Have a nice day,
                              Steve

Comment

This fine thread is not the most popular anymore, I suppose?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X