griffinmilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Luft flight equipment and all that's related.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Label on the chute pack.
    Attached Files

Comment

I have allready made arrangements for a pro repacking job. I promise to post some pic's when it is done.

My aspirations on the LW-field is a complete rig. My companion "Günther" will be glad to move up from a chest pack rig without the actual pack to this Sitzfallschirm! The hardest parts is still remaining. I have promised him a good set of survival equipment and his own complete dinghy!
      Attached Files

Comment

Outstanding items. I have no parachutes or oxygen masks but I'm trying to find them!
        WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Originally posted by Bergflak
          Just a short note on the flares in post #42; the one with the "M" in front is definetively not for LW aerial use. The raised "M" is a warning, as the Meteorologische patrone only is intended to by fired from a fixed gun, mounted on tripod! The recoil is, literally, a killer!
          Totally correct, I have used them for display until somebody told me they were really dangerous, so I didn't keep them - anyway, they were good fillers for the pics
          Collection : http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=807895

Comment

Not precisely "field gear" but interesting. Its the remains of a late 109 tailfin, and still has the original 3 tone camouflage paint on it.

Comment

Originally posted by CollectRussia
              Not precisely "field gear" but interesting. Its the remains of a late 109 tailfin, and still has the original 3 tone camouflage paint on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bergflak
                I have allready made arrangements for a pro repacking job. I promise to post some pic's when it is done.

My aspirations on the LW-field is a complete rig. My companion "Günther" will be glad to move up from a chest pack rig without the actual pack to this Sitzfallschirm! The hardest parts is still remaining. I have promised him a good set of survival equipment and his own complete dinghy!
                Thanks, I do like the display

Comment

Originally posted by Jos Le Conté
                  "
                  Those poor little bunnies!

Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Waterproof matches in the bakelite box

This is a good place to start this topic, which could be rather controversial. The topic is the water proof German WW2 matches. I have a friend who, I trust very much, and who would really know these kinds of things, He says that all of these came from a warehouse of East German militaria and are not wartime. He cant of course prove that statement but he chooses not to sell them for that reason and believe me when I say that this guy is honest and has first hand knowledge of this. He says there is no reason in discussing it anymore as everyone calls them wartime and they are already pictured in books being called wartime. Now, I am not making the claim with full evidence that they are not, but I can say that after 4 years of digging in various bunkers in the Eastern front and buying items from diggers in Russia and emptying hundreds of boxes of miscelleneous items that they had accumulated over the years, I have NOT once seen any portion of the container of these. That in itself is not proof I know, but I have seen pieces and parts for almost everything imaginable and you would think that these would have been used by troops in the field on a regular basis. There are all kinds of holes in my statement, yes but I have also never seen any of these for sale or in any collection of any of the diggers from Demyansk to Kurland and all areas in between. Anyone else have any information on these?

Toomas

Comment

Hi Toomas ,

I've never found any proof either .
                      I always see the regular matchboxes in wartime pics ,but never the bakelite containers..if these are what you mean ?
                      I saw them first about 15 years ago when a dealer I visited that time just got a box full of these little containers..
                      He had hundreds ,so I got 5 for free and still have a few..
                      Proof ,no ,at that moment he also had a couple of thousand disposable goggles ,the plastic ones with clear and yellow glasses in the tan or dark grey envelopes..
                      It all came from one address ,the goggles are original and still many show up..

This is all I know and you can be right..as long there's no evidence on these..

Jos.
                      Attached Files

Comment

This is the rough surface to burn the match...

Jos.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Great thread! BTW Jos...the "tough pilot" you picture in post 73 is RKT and FW-190 ace Major Bruno Stolle...very tough indeed. He went on to run the test program for the TA-152 later in the war...

Comment

Thanks Andy

Didn't know his name..

Jos.

Comment

As I know, the manufacturer is Ritter who made items after the war as well. So my information is not based on anything that would hold up in court, but I would love to be able to access the Ritter factory information on these, A very minute detail for a small item but it would be interesting to know the truth on these.

Toomas

Comment

Some other pics of your tough guy...
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 9 users online. 0 members and 9 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X