Luft NCO straps...good or bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luft NCO straps...good or bad?

These straps do not give me a good feeling....so am leaning towards bad. They are wool piped, as some Luft straps can be. What do you guys think?

Willi
    Attached Files
    Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Willi,

Can you post lighter scans? Too dark to tell-

Gene
    WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

This might be better.
      Attached Files
      Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Is the tresse muted/subdued? They don't look too bad, has anyone else examined these up close?
        WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Hmmmmmmm Tough one Willi. I don't particularly like the tress. Just doesn't look right - especially the edges. The buttonhole has the correct chain stitching, but the position looks low and the slit is kind of long. The waffenfarbe looks okay, as does the material on the back of the strap. Kind of a toss-up. (Boy, THAT helps a lot, doesn't it!)

Comment

They don't look too bad to me either...

The Tresse is not very proffesional done.., maybe added postwar..
            It's hard to say... maybe done by a field tailor...

The back of the straps looks good and so does the wool piping...
            The Tresse is my main concern...

If fake they're good fakes.. I give 'm the benefit of the doubt..

Made them a little lighter for a better view..

Jos.
            Attached Files

Comment

The tress is exactly what led me to give these things a second look. I have them right here, was organizing my insignia and I found them with a dozen other NCO sets. The tress is both poorly sewn and just lacks the detail of the others I have. That is what is leading me to pull these out and move them as possible repros. I also find it odd that the pips have brass pins. None of my other ones have them. Any comments on this?

Willi
              Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

The tress also has a quite loose weaving and lacks some detail..., don't know what to think at the moment..

Here's a pair of mine ,you can see the smaller pips have brass pins also..

Jos.
                Attached Files

Comment

back..
                  Attached Files

Comment

I don't think that the brass pins of themselves are any concern. Pith helmet insignia can be found with brass pins, so its usage on the pips is not surprising.

Comment

I think the tress on the pair in discussion is Post-war East German.

Comment

Originally posted by Willi Z. View Post
                        I also find it odd that the pips have brass pins. None of my other ones have them. Any comments on this?

Willi
                        This is a really good and important question about brass pins on silver aluminum NCO rank pips/ stars that Willi asks here .

Are brass pins a sure sign of post war produced pips for the Bundeswehr or were NCO pips also made with brass pins before May 1945 ?

Perhaps they were made this way early in WW2 and before ?

Any help, advice or experience with these would be appreciated,

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by K Bandow View Post
                          I think the tress on the pair in discussion is Post-war East German.
                          The East Germans did not use that pattern tress.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Comment

I don´t like these boards.

Radek

Comment

Originally posted by 90th Light View Post
                              This is a really good and important question about brass pins on silver aluminum NCO rank pips/ stars that Willi asks here .

Are brass pins a sure sign of post war produced pips for the Bundeswehr or were NCO pips also made with brass pins before May 1945 ?

Perhaps they were made this way early in WW2 and before ?

Any help, advice or experience with these would be appreciated,

Chris
                              Brass pins can be fine.
                              Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X