Wierd stick grenade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wierd stick grenade

Found this at a yard sale for $25. Anyone know what nationality it is? Chinese or Hungarian?
    Attached Files

Another view:
    Attached Files

Comment

Vietnam War bring-back?

I'm not sure on the nationality (looks Chinese), but this grenade seems to be identical to one that a guy in my hometown brought back from 'nam.

Comment

Looks Chicom to me-don't know the nomenclature-I had a few of these I deactivated-there was a lot of wax inside for sealing.
        I freaked out a medical research officer attatched to our team.
        The team leader came around and told me if I had to do that to take them out to the airstrip.
        The interesting one was a big AT grenade which broke in two when you threw it and a parachute came out the back and made it hit perpendicularly to the surface of the target thereby setting off a spring loaded shaped charge-it must have been for suicide troops because it weighed a few pounds and with all that mechanism I don't see how you could have thrown it 10 feet.
        I got it from a NVA who did not need it-he got hit by a claymore and the grenade had a few BBs in it.
        MLP

Comment

Paper

The Japanese ones of this type, had a paper instruction label on the head.. Is there any traces of the paper label or glue...BILL

Comment

Bill, you're right. It is Japanese WWII. No trace of the paper or glue, though.

Comment

The Hungarian 42M handgranate is similar to this one, but has the securing pin for transportation on the side (and not at the end) of the handle (stick), and the stick has to be screwn on the grenate (in my understanding in this case the head is secured by a screw).
              Regards
              Tam******225;s

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X