Flammable Bomb/Molotov Cocktail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flammable Bomb/Molotov Cocktail

I was given this bottle some time ago in Slovakia, at the time I was told it was a flammable bomb of German origin, same principle as the Soviet Molotov Cocktail. Can anyone tell me if they have seen such a thing before? Hope the pcis help, thanks for looking.
    Attached Files

The glass is coloured green, and on the bottom is a slit that appears to be covered with some sort of material that would break though on impact??

Comment

It's a hungarian Molotov-Cocktail, officially called: Lángkézigránát M.39/a.

The bottle was filled with pertol, and 2 glass ampulles where located in the bottom of the bottle.
      AS soon as the bottle hit it's target, the Petrol would spread over a wide area, and the 2 different contents of the 2 ampulles would mix, resulting in a violent chemical reaction, which lighted the petrol.

They were mostly used by the hungarian army during WW2, but some were used by the germans as well.

Comment

Yes, hungarian, there was even special metal round box for carrying the bottle connected to main belt.

mietek

Comment

Wow! Thanks Gentlemen! Thought my leg was getting pulled here, but I guess not. Any idea of how common these were? I have never seen one in my travels before. Wondering what one would cost in today's market? Thanks again Gentlemen!
          Joe

Comment

I've seen them quit often in europe, maybe people used them as normal bottels after the war ?

Expect to pay around 40 to 60 € in Europe for a good specimen.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X