MilitaryStockholm

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Danger UXB - Show Us Your German Aerial Bombs, Bomb Disposal, And Related Items...

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next up is a Lad V C250 (ladevorrichtung) which was used for mounting and charging an SC-250 aerial bomb in the fuselage of a bomber. The Lad V C250 was attached to the outside of the vertical bomb magazine or E.S.A.C. 250 X (Electrische Senkrecht Aufhangung für C-bomben).
    Attached Files
    Last edited by WWIIBuff; 01-22-2018, 02:24 AM.

Comment

The second picture shows how the Lad V C250 would have been attached to the two fuzes mounted inside the casing of the SC-250 bomb.
      Attached Files

Comment

The first picture shows the Lad V C250 mounted to the outside of the E.S.A.C. 250 X.

The second picture shows a row of E.S.A.C. 250 X bomb magazines inside the fuselage of a bomber.
        Attached Files

Comment

My third example is a Lad V 2C50. This "arming vein" would have been mounted on the outside of a E.S.A.C. 250/ IX. This combination of vertical bomb magazine and charger was versatile enough to be used for either one SC-250 bomb, or two SC-50 bombs. This was the configurations as used in the HE-111 bomber.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by WWIIBuff; 01-22-2018, 02:32 AM.

Comment

The second picture gives an idea of the flexibility of the Lad V 2C50. Because the arms were able to swivel, they could be attached to two fuzes in one SC-250 bomb, or the single fuze in two SC-50 bombs.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by WWIIBuff; 01-22-2018, 02:36 AM.

Comment

Unfortunately this is the only picture I have of the Lad V 2C50 in use, and it really does not show very much of it.
              Attached Files

Comment

This baby showed up at my office yesterday, all the way from the UK to the USA. Unfortunately it took a month and a half of mistakes by UPS to get it to me, but they finally got it right on the 5th attempt and I am glad it is here.

It's an early model of the SC-50, and it does have some issues, but a restoration will soon be under way. I wanted to post a picture of it as it is now before I make any changes and pair it up with the tail fins that have been waiting for it.
                Attached Files

Comment

German bomblet SD-1 frz from my collection

Comment

Thanks klarkon. Its nice to see all that original paint on your SD-1. Good job on the photography as well, it's a nice clear shot of the A.Z.73 fuze markings.

So with that type of tail fin, I assume this one would have been used as a mortar round?

Comment

SD-1 frz is originally a French bomblet "Grenade empennee d´Aviation de 50 mm Mle 1927“,this
                      used body of 50mm French mortar bomb " Grenade de 50mm modèle 1927 pour Lance-grenades d infanterie modèle 27
                      A.Z.73B2 is copy of "LA FUSEE DETONATEUR PERCUTANTE INSTANTANEE DE 21/28 TYPE R.S.A. MODELE 1930".

Comment

Results of RAF EOD!

Hi,

I earlier posted pics of two 50Kg SD bombs recovered from a Battle of Britain Stuka crash site.

Here's what came back to me after RAF EOD did a "controlled explosion on it! My pal, who organised the dig, had a more intact casing.

Regards,

Grossfuss
                        Attached Files

Comment

Results of RAF EOD!

Two more - you can see a trace of the red paint between the heavily corroded fins.
                          Attached Files

Comment

The things you can find in the garden!

At last - a touch of sunshine for the SD2!

Regards,

Grossfuss
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by klarkon View Post
                              SD-1 frz is originally a French bomblet "Grenade empennee d´Aviation de 50 mm Mle 1927“,this
                              used body of 50mm French mortar bomb " Grenade de 50mm modèle 1927 pour Lance-grenades d infanterie modèle 27
                              A.Z.73B2 is copy of "LA FUSEE DETONATEUR PERCUTANTE INSTANTANEE DE 21/28 TYPE R.S.A. MODELE 1930".
                              Thanks Klarkon, I was not familiar with the 50mm modèle 1927. The only French mortar grenade I was aware of being used in WWII by the Germans was the Mortier Grenades de 50 mm modèle 37 that the Germans re-designated as the GrW.203(f).

Comment

Originally posted by Grossfuss View Post
                                Hi,

I earlier posted pics of two 50Kg SD bombs recovered from a Battle of Britain Stuka crash site.

Here's what came back to me after RAF EOD did a "controlled explosion on it! My pal, who organised the dig, had a more intact casing.

Regards,

Grossfuss
                                So I guess the purpose of the "controlled explosion" was to just crack open the bomb casing. If it were a full explosion, I do not think the fuze pocket or the casing plug would still have been attached. Those are really neat souvenirs you have there.

Nice to see your SD.2 getting some sun.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X