Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PLEASE HELP with M24 Stick Grenade

Dear Gents,

Can anyone please render their valued opinion on this M24 stick grenade. Both the stick and cap are dated 1940, what is a bit different about this stick grenade from the others I have observed on the forum is that the pull ball/tab is not porcelain, but rather wooden, and attached to a string with a little ball which in turn to a long metal pin. On the head is also what appears to be a waffenapmt eagle of sorts. Thanks in advance to all!

Dave.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

there are many details i don´t like.....first...pull cord, second...screws on the fitting...etc, etc....
                    best regards jens

Comment

Originally posted by oberjaeger View Post
                      there are many details i don´t like.....first...pull cord, second...screws on the fitting...etc, etc....
                      best regards jens
                      Yes, all fake. Those kind of fakes came out just some years ago, and fooled many buyers.

Comment

No expert but those screws certainly look bad to me

Carles

Comment

M24

Originally posted by DKNYC71 View Post
                          Hi the handle and stick are a mismatch but both original IMO,, the screws are obviously not, as for the friction pull wire, nope, remade at some point.

nice M24 overall and hard to find,, if you want to sell it ill gladly buy it from you.

Kind Regards Nick

Comment

I to agree with Jeeeensy original. Screws and pull cord nope, replaced at some point.
                            But can looks good, you can even see where the det. well was cut out. Handle also looks ok IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by jeeeensy View Post
                              Hi the handle and stick are a mismatch but both original IMO,, the screws are obviously not, as for the friction pull wire, nope, remade at some point.

nice M24 overall and hard to find,, if you want to sell it ill gladly buy it from you.

Kind Regards Nick
                              Thank you very much Nick! I appreciate your most valued opinion. you are certainly the foremost expert in this area of collecting.

It is is most interesting to observe individuals make comments on material which they do not truly know or have a solid grasp upon. I am always baffled by those that post "educated" opinion on a wide spectrum of militaria: uniforms, headgear, insignia, paper, equipment, and large ordinance". I guess as the old saying goes: "Jack of all trades, master of none"

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X