Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frag Sleve

Hallo To All
    I got thise frag sleve today what do you all thing.
    I think it is ok but i would like some opion on it.
    Regards
    Rasmus Freudendal
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

it looks good to me most it looks like mine which is still attached to an m43 head but most fakes i have seen the lines are to uniform and origionals are very different spaces apart they look very crude
          hope this helps Adam

Comment

Yes this design and brb44 are the only 'commonly agreed' original serrated frag sleeves. I have my doubts whether this is the only design and maker that are correct for the period. Very little is known about these.

Comment

Adam,

Could I trouble you for some pics of your frag sleeve, I am particularly interested in them and I am trying to do some research in to this area. Is it also brb44?

Cheers,

Craig.

Originally posted by reidmuller
              it looks good to me most it looks like mine which is still attached to an m43 head but most fakes i have seen the lines are to uniform and origionals are very different spaces apart they look very crude
              hope this helps Adam

Comment

Looks good to me. Notice the oxidation overall. Though it may not show in the photos, there's probably a lot of subtle variation in the green paint as it aged over the years. I have a solid green painted German helmet from WW1, there must be a million different shades of green to it now.

Comment

hi craig of corse you can have some photos but will have to wait till the week end as i havent got a didgi cam.i belive it is a brb 44 but its very faint untill tonite i dident realise i have been looking about a year since i baught it but only till i saw the mark in the photo did i find it i baught it with the m43 head for £15 from Beltring bargin i think.
                  where abouts in england are you?
                  cheers Adam

Originally posted by Craig Henninger
                  Adam,

Could I trouble you for some pics of your frag sleeve, I am particularly interested in them and I am trying to do some research in to this area. Is it also brb44?

Cheers,

Craig.

Comment

Hi Adam,

Great thanks, I look forward to it. Sounds like you found yourself a bargain! I live between Peterborough/Leicester, not too far away.

I'll look out for the photos after the weekend.

Cheers,

Craig.

Originally posted by reidmuller
                    hi craig of corse you can have some photos but will have to wait till the week end as i havent got a didgi cam.i belive it is a brb 44 but its very faint untill tonite i dident realise i have been looking about a year since i baught it but only till i saw the mark in the photo did i find it i baught it with the m43 head for £15 from Beltring bargin i think.
                    where abouts in england are you?
                    cheers Adam

Comment

ok here are the photos sorry there late my dad took hes time emailing them to me

cheers adam

Comment

some more

Comment

Hi Adam,

Thanks for the pics, they're appreciated. The clarity of the pics make it difficult to really see the deffinition of the serration, but on first impression, yours looks quite different to the first sleeve posted, but I think the age and patina on yours looks right. The tone of the rust on the inside of the sleeve would seem to match the M43 head and you can clearly see the M43 had a frag sleeve on it whilst it rusted over the years. The patina of the head also seems to match the sleeve. It looks to me as if these 2 have been married for some time. To me the age of the items look correct, but if I am right about the regularity of the serrations on yours then the sleeve would be considered to be a reproduction by many here.

Can you confirm if the sleeve is maker marked at all and if so what is the mark and also if the sleeve really looks like the one first pictured on this thread or whether it is more regular?

Thanks again.

Craig.

Comment

sorry i cant confirm a maker all i can make out is 44. no it dosent look like the first one looking back it is very irregular almost hand done!
                            I can say that the frag sleeve has been on for some time as it took a lot of WD40 to get it off and as you said the patina on the head also if you look in the frag sleeve you can see what looks like paint very yellow.
                            also the clips have rusted off and im 100% sure this is origional.
                            sorry about the picture quality my dad insisted on puting the quality down as it was going to go on the internet i dont know why it makes any diference but i havent a clue when it comes to modern equepment give me a leica any day
                            Adam

Comment

Hi Adam,

OK no problem. When you say "looking back it is very irregular" I presume you aren't refering to your frag sleeve, is this correct?

The 2 items look to me as if they are a unit. This may add proof to the thought that there maybe original serrated fragmentation sleeves out there with regular (not irregular) patterns to them. This may in fact be one of them. My only slight concern, is that your fuse is not WWII German manufactured, it is a Czech post war fuse, so at some point the piece has been altered and so that may make many suggest that the sleeve is a reproduction and added post war, given it isn't the regularly excepted irregular pattern.

Personally I like it and I think it is original, it's just a shame you can't read the maker's ordnance code.

Thanks for the pics.

Craig.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X