• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

88mm TANK ROUNDS

Was the Flak 18 marked steel casing with C/22 st Primer used in tanks
    or would it be marked Kwk 36. thanks.

88mm Rounds

There are two for sale on E-Stand both are marked Flak 18 but with different
    markings, both are meant to be Tiger 1 A.P Rounds. Opinions please.

Comment

Cartridge case for 8,8cm FlaK 18/36/37 and 8,8cm KwK.36 were the same, only painted marking was different.

Comment

@Klarkon ? From what manual is this page ?
        I am puzzled by the 8,8 cm Pzgr 40 (W).

Zünder,

www.wk2ammo.com

Comment

Zünder - source : H.Dv. 119/328 Schußtafel für die 8,8 cm Kampfwagenkanone 36 (L/56) (8,8 cm Kw.K. 36), Februar 1944
          I have only two pics of poor quality. :-(

Comment

Originally posted by klarkon View Post
            Zünder - source : H.Dv. 119/328 Schußtafel für die 8,8 cm Kampfwagenkanone 36 (L/56) (8,8 cm Kw.K. 36), Februar 1944
            I have only two pics of poor quality. :-(
            OK, thanks.
            I will see if i can find it in Freiburg.
            I am surprised by the "W", which normally stands for "Weicheisen", except i've never heard of a 8,8 cm Weicheisen..
            I do own a unknown solid 8,8 Pzgr, and now i am beginning to suspect it might be a "W".

Zünder,

www.wk2amo.com

Comment

You are right, H.Dv. 119/328 mentions "W" as " Kennzeichen für Weicheisen".
              8,8 cm Pzgr 40 (W). Weight : 7,3 kg, muzzle velocity : 930 m/s.

Comment

88 mm ROUNDS

Do the stampings look correct for this one Pzr 39 and the second picture is this
                casing for the H.E round.
                Attached Files

Comment

If the inscription on the cartridge side or bottom is not retained, the exact determination of the weapon is doubtful.
                  Because the primer can be easily exchanged.

Comment

88mm rds

Yes I understand this just confused about the different stampings on the base of the case, according to Hdv 481/60 Kwk 36 L/56 the stampings should be the same as shown in the first picture.

Comment

Rest of inscription on the cartridge side. Determination is indisputable only if it is preserved

Comment

88mm Rds

Any shells for sale still left in Finland also looking for A.P round.

Comment

I do own a unknown solid 8,8 Pzgr, and now i am beginning to suspect it might be a "W".

Zünder - www.wk2ammo.com

Would you care to post a picture -- is it identical to the drawings of the 8,8cm Pzgr40 or more closely resemble the Pzgr39 or 39/1?

Rich

Comment

@Rich, i cannot add pictures, but you can find the same model here
                            http://www.wk2ammo.com/showthread.ph...-Flak-18-36-37
                            If i'm not mistaken, you are a member. ;-)

It looks like a Pzgr. 39, same dimensions, FES bands etc, but the shellbody is solid steel, it has no fuze and no tracer.

Zünder,

www.wk2ammo.com

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X