Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WWI German Stick Granade

Hi Guys,
    I'm studying about the first world war german stielhandgranades.
    How many kind of there were produced??
    Could you help me with some pics??

Cheers
    Tommaso

http://meltingpot.fortunecity.com/ut.../steelhand.htm

Here's a start - peruse the whole website when you get there.

Comment

Thanks Gew!
      I think to own a Grenade like the one on the first column second row.......but the handle is just a little bit different............do you think should be possible? or the handles are standard for any granades??

Thanks again!
      Tom

Comment

Tom. if your interested in purchasing one or just seeing a s*!tload of authentic WWI things for sale go to WWW.greatwar.com. he has an amazing shop with tons of stuff. including various grenades. Glenn

Comment

I honestly cannot answer that . I would ASSUME being the germans outsourced alot of their production between manufacturers in both world wars one may see in this case WW1 stick grenades that exibit different features such as handles as supplies of the manufactured handles were/may have been ordered frommore than one supplier/manufacturer that could as well have been used by another maker/assembler of grenades. Also note that over time collectors cannibalize such items of salvageable parts to make better examples. So if the handles actually interchange a collector or dealer down the road could have swapped it out to make a better condition overall example. Just a guess all in all.

Comment

[QUOTE=gew98] Also note that over time collectors cannibalize such items of salvageable parts to make better examples. So if the handles actually interchange a collector or dealer down the road could have swapped it out to make a better condition overall example. Just a guess all in all.

thats the truth. even I do that. unless its Vet aquirred, you cant be sure of anything as far as originally unaltered as the soldier had it. even the same makers marks and dates dont mean its unaltered. for I look for identical pieces that match existing stuff to "make" a perfect piece. as I'm sure most other serious collectors do. Glenn

Comment

Thank you very much guys!!
              What do you think about the Greatwar.com stuff?? Genuine??
              Cheers

Tom
              Last edited by Drapeau Noir; 03-07-2005, 03:00 PM.

Comment

GWM ; has alot of great stuff , but they are not cheap - no real deals had there. I have never seen them sell repop items as original , nor be fooled by any such items. Generally great stuff , but watch out on the sticker shock !.

Comment

Here we go.
                  That's mine.
                  What do you thin about the handle??
                  Genuine?
                  Anyone could say me where and how did they "switch on" the explosive charge?

Cheers
                  Tom

http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?t=74586

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X