Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

German 8cm BLAU blue mortar round ??

Hi Guys,

I belong to gunboards, but travel over here every so often.

I recently bought this 8cm round from a buddy of mine in Europe. From the photos he gave me it looked like it was a just a regular maroon round with no paint left on it needing a restoration job.

However once I got it, I began to notice some traces of a dark greyish blue paint on it. I also noticed a faint black painted Roman numeral II for the charge rings. The weird thing about the black lettering is that it appears to be on the body itself instead of being over top of the blue paint.

The mortar body has a faint dated of 8-44. It has some waffen amps and other markings on the tail section such as BMZ but most markings are obscured by dirt and rust.

The round is NOT the bouncing version, but I am not able to find any recent info or collectors who have a BLUE 8cm round and or color photos of one in somebody's collection.

The aluminum fuze shown did not come with it, I installed it because I bought it without one.

Not sure how to post photos from my own saved files.

Thanks for any and all help.

Maybe this ?

Comment

Originally posted by klarkon View Post
      Maybe this ?

Thank you for posting and schematic.

Why is the round BLUE ? is it a phosphorus round ?

Does anybody have an actual photo of a blue 8cm round ?

Comment

There is not mention about blue painted mortar bomb in wehrmacht rules .

Comment

Here is BLAU round from german wartime ammunition manual "Handbuch - Die Munition der Deutschen Geschütze und Werfer D435/1"
          Attached Files

Comment

jiipee76 - But this mortar bomb is greyish green colour in fact-not blue.... and made from wgr.38 bouncing type body.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X