Grenades, anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heinrich,
    I did receive your photos. SOrry I haven't been able to spend much time on the forum. I have been travelling for almost two full weeks and when I return home, I'll put them up on my web host site and post them for you. Thanks.

Comment

Just found this discussion about stick grenades and their detonator. I have a warning for all owners of these small aluminium detonators. They are REALLY dangerous when they are full! It is very difficult to tell if they are full or not, you have to look very carefully inside with a flashlight. The most I saw on markets were full! The filling was (I don't know the english word) "Bleiazid" and they can explode if you drop them!!!

Comment

Isnt the part shown on the previous pictures the fuse; and not a detonator?
        JL

Comment

I mean the small alu tube which is set on the alu-fuse (with the tiny screw-cap on it).

Comment

Some markings

Full view, original paint.
            Looking for any original items related to Danish W-SS volunteers

Comment

Close-up of marking

Close-up 1

Comment

Close-up of marking

Close-up 2

Comment

Hello,

I wonder if you can help me on this all wooden grenade. For years I assumed it was a practice grenade !

But thinking about could this be a film prop from days gone by or an early re-enactor 'grenade.'

It's the same size as an original grenade, there are no stamps on it.............what it is it, or shall I give it to the dog ?

Kind regards,

Marcus

Comment

Comment

The top of the charge head. the holes where it's been turned I guess.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X