Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7,5 for the 97/38 Pak ?

Hi..

Will show You this one...found it this weekend. Is this baby for the 97/38 pak ?
    Lot of text on the brass shell and also on the grenade body..On the shell is written "kleine ladung" and numbers which most can bee seen..I try to writte them out.

"75 ?? FK/23 ??
    " fra 97 97/ 3?? "
    "232gBC-RMX-D1,5"
    " SM 1938/ ??
    "LFD17.9.43 Y/D"
    " Vo-341 "

Björn
    Attached Files

x

x
    Attached Files

Comment

It sure is for 7,5cm Pak 97 38.

7,5cm Gr Patrone 15/38 Hl/B (f) is the type for the projectile.

Casing have had original french markings(easy to notice from two thick black lines).

Kleine Ladung = Charge Reduite (Factory new round had Charge reduite between those black lines).
      Last edited by jiipee76; 10-04-2011, 02:37 PM.

Comment

@Jussi, the round you are refering to (7,5cm Gr Patrone 15/38 Hl/B (f)) is fitted with a reworked french modèle 15 HE shell (HE shell turned into a HEAT shell).
        Easy to recognise because it's got a copper drivingband, and a flat cylindrical base.

Pauke's shell is either a 7,5 cm Gr. 38 Hl/B (f) or a Hl/C (f), difficult to say, the markings that tell more are gone.

But you are right, it is a round for the 7,5 cm Pak 97/38

The shellcase is actually the most interesting, you don't see those markings very often.

Zünder,

www.wk2ammo.com

Comment

Originally posted by Zünder View Post
          @Jussi, the round you are refering to (7,5cm Gr Patrone 15/38 Hl/B (f)) is fitted with a reworked french modèle 15 HE shell (HE shell turned into a HEAT shell).
          Easy to recognise because it's got a copper drivingband, and a flat cylindrical base.
          Nose cone triangle shape tool notches are definetly from 7,5cm Gr.Patrone 15/38 Hl/B (f) or some equal round.7,5cm Gr.Patrone 38/97 Hl/B (f) have smaller shape notches.

Comment

@Jussi, that's true.
            But Gr. 15/38 Hl/B (f) doesn't have a tracer.
            The only similarities between those 2 are same cap and fuze, otherwise it's a totally different shell.

Zünder,

www.wk2ammo.com

Comment

7,5 for the 97/38 Pak ?

Thank´s a lot my friends

Björn

Comment

I think this is HL/B for the French gun. Copper driving band with hard edge on lower rim, only upper side of band is streamlined.
                Sadly nose cone is corroded badly, like always on HLs that I find
                Attached Files

Comment

Yes, that's a 7,5cm Granate 15/38 Hl/B (f).
                  The body is from a pre war french modèle 15 HE shell (germany "liberated"a few million of these), it was cut down to size, and fitted with nosecone and internal parts of a normal german HL/B.

I'd say, thank god for the corroded nosecone; if it would have been steel, the whole shell would have been corroded.
                  In this case, the nosecone acted in the same way as sacrificial anodes do on boats.

Zünder,

www.wk2ammo.com

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X