Question about importing ordnance from Europe to US

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about importing ordnance from Europe to US

I suppose this issue has been discussed in the past in WAF, but after using the search option nothing useful came up. I am looking forward to import a couple of inert ordnance from Germany to the US, but the seller do not have the permit so ship it. I contacted Manions as sugested to see if they provide this service, but never received an answer.

Is there a way of importing such items from Europe to the US legally?

Thanks in advance for your advise

What is the item? I would contact the ATF rather than chance losing items.

Comment

I got in touch with them, to know how to send items from Europe to the USA, and this is what they told me:

Dear sir/madam,

I'm a militaria collector in Europe. I am selling some spares of my collection and I have been contacted by some collectors from the USA. I would like to know if it is legal for me to send MP40 (32round mags), spare parts of WWII firearms (no barrel nor bolts) and artillery rounds, shells or cases (free of gun powder or explosives) to the USA without problem. Some of them are in relic condition.'

Subject:RE: IMPORTS QUESTION: FW: Import of collectible items

' Inform the U.S. residents they must complete and submit Form 6/5330.3A in triplicate to this office for approval to import the items mentioned as long as they are for their personal use and not for resale. To import for resale, the must be registered with this office/ATF. They may download the Form 5440.3A at www.atf.gov

If they need further information, they can call 304-616-4550. '

I hope it helps,

Carles

Comment

So you even need an approval for empty fired shellcases ?

I miss the good old days...

Zünder,

www.wk2ammo.com

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny R View Post
          What is the item? I would contact the ATF rather than chance losing items.
          Hi Johnny. The item is a inert SS- Gewehrgranate 61. I will do just that, contact ATF. Thank you very much.

Sal

Comment

Originally posted by me6_130 View Post
            I got in touch with them, to know how to send items from Europe to the USA, and this is what they told me:

Dear sir/madam,

I'm a militaria collector in Europe. I am selling some spares of my collection and I have been contacted by some collectors from the USA. I would like to know if it is legal for me to send MP40 (32round mags), spare parts of WWII firearms (no barrel nor bolts) and artillery rounds, shells or cases (free of gun powder or explosives) to the USA without problem. Some of them are in relic condition.'

Subject:RE: IMPORTS QUESTION: FW: Import of collectible items

' Inform the U.S. residents they must complete and submit Form 6/5330.3A in triplicate to this office for approval to import the items mentioned as long as they are for their personal use and not for resale. To import for resale, the must be registered with this office/ATF. They may download the Form 5440.3A at www.atf.gov

If they need further information, they can call 304-616-4550. '

I hope it helps,

Carles
            Thank you very much for the very useful information Carles.

Comment

So,it looks like that it is really possible to send ordnance to US?

Good to know,it is possible.

Comment

Update on Manions E mail

Just received a reply to the e mail sent to Manions mentioned earlier:

Sal,

We have done so for our customers before but our last experience in doing this almost cost us losing our right to ship crates back and forth to Germany. ( They closed the airport and called the bomb squad ). We are no longer going to ship items other than consignment or orders for our customers.

Comment

Yes, very interesting. But I have the other way question: and for ship items from USA to Europe?

Comment

My fault.

Comment

Originally posted by Grenademan2005 View Post
                      Yes, very interesting. But I have the other way question: and for ship items from USA to Europe?
                      I guess you have to go to the 'Guardia Civil' (if you live in Spain, of course) and get an import license. You should have a 'autorización de coleccionista de armas' (weapon collector's license) and ' 'de coleccionista de cartuchería' (ammo collector's license), all this if you are a private collector. The item should be sent to the nearer 'Guardia Civil's intervención de armas'. You should finally send a copy of your import license to the seller, for him to declare the export. (I have never imported any from the USA, though) An armourer can import easier.

Carles

PS: para más información contacta con el ICAE.
                      Last edited by me6_130; 09-25-2011, 06:53 AM.

Comment

Carles, for us is not a problem, the problem is for the USA sellers for ship out of their country.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X