SG 43 ammo box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SG 43 ammo box

Does anyone have some links or information about Soviet SG 43 ammo boxes and the differences between WW2 and post war versions including pics? I have been searching the net for hours and hours but can't find what I really need.
    The reason is I bought such a box yesterday including it's belt which is dated 1944 but I don't know much about these boxes yet, so all help is welcome

Thanks for reading and possible help!!!

Best regards,
    Marcel

Here's some pics of my ammo box including its belt. I actually think the handle is a postwar replacement but since my knowledge about these is close to zero so any help is appreciated!

Sorry for the sometimes blurry pics but it seems my camera is slowly dying

Comment

Marcel,

There are no SG43 ammo boxes per se, as Maxim 1910s, DS39s and SG43s all use the same 250 round box. Different factories have made different styles of boxes at various times, but I assume that the style with thin ribbed walls and spot welds (yours) came in to general production in the 30s.

Comment

Ok, thanks for this new information! I didn't knew it were standard ammo boxes...so another lesson learned
        Do you also know how the handles should look like? Mine is from leather though to me it doesn't look original.....but then again, I could be wrong. So all help in this is welcome! Thanks in advance!!!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X